Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

I Cannot Get Health Insurance With My Job, But My Ex-Husband Has Good Benefits Where He Works. Can He Be Required To Carry The Children?

Yes, OCSE is required to petition the court to establish a medical support order in all new or modified support orders unless the custodian and the children have satisfactory health insurance benefits other than Medicaid. This is required whether or not health insurance coverage is available to the noncustodial parent at a reasonable cost or modification of current coverage to include the child is immediately possible.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources