Skip to main content

Child Support Law

Search for an Attorney  

If There Is No Support Order, Can An Order Be Established In The State Where The Noncustodial Parent Lives?

Yes, the case would be referred to the other state if Alaska cannot establish the order. A petition would be sent to the other state`s child support enforcement agency or the court. The other state would review the information­together with information about the noncustodial parent`s ability to pay­and set the amount of monthly support payments.

Was this helpful?