Can A Custodial Parent Apply To The Agency For Help Collect Child Support If The Other Parent Was Making Payments Voluntarily?

Yes, by completing an application for services and an affidavit listing the extent of prior payments received with dates and amounts. You will also need to provide a copy of the divorce decree, separation agreement and/or the current child support order as well as prior orders or other documentation for the case as issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles