Business & Commercial Law
What is a service contract?
Service contracts that you may buy with a new car provide for the repair of certain parts or problems. These contracts are offered by manufacturers, dealers, or independent companies and may or may not provide coverage beyond the manufacturer`s warranty. Remember that a warranty is included in the price of the car while a service contract costs extra. Before deciding to purchase a service contract, read it carefully and consider these questions:
- What`s the difference between the coverage under the warranty and the coverage under the service contract?
- What repairs are covered?
- Is routine maintenance covered?
- Who pays for the labor and / or parts?
- Who performs the repairs? Can repairs be made elsewhere?
- How long does the service contract last?
- What are the cancellation and refund policies?
Ready To Start Your Business?
Experienced business law attorneys in our directory can look out for your legal rights while you focus on running a successful company.