Skip to main content

Creditors Rights Law

Search for an Attorney  

Can A Person I Have A Writ Of Garnishment On File A Motion For Installment Payments, And Is There A Form?

There is not a form to object to a request for installment payments. A letter to the court file objecting is probably sufficient. If an installment payment order is entered the garnishment is stayed and the defendant makes payments directly. If the defendant fails to honor the installment payment order the plaintiff may file a petition to set aside the order and reinstate a stayed garnishment or file a garnishment if none is in place.

Was this helpful?