What Happens If The Creditor Breaks The Law?

If a creditor violates the FDCPA, try and see if you can get the illegal behavior on tape. Taping is permitted without the creditors knowledge in all states except CA, CT, DE, FL, IL, MD, MA, MI, MT, NH, PA, and WA. At the very least, record everything the creditor says in some form of a written log. Be sure to include the dates of the conversations. The next step is to file a complaint in writing. You can even file a complaint if you don’t have a witness to any of these conversations, but a witness helps. The correct agency to file your complaint with is the FTC. You can even file a complaint online.

Speak to an Experienced Creditors Rights Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified creditors rights lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Creditors Rights attorney today.

Additional Creditors Rights Articles

Creditors Rights Videos

Fair Credit Billing Act