What Are Covered Defects?
- The Lemon Law applies to any defect, problem, or condition that substantially impairs a vehicles use, value, or safety.
- The Lemon Law does not apply to any defect or problem due to:
- Abuse or neglect by the owner; or
- Unauthorized modifications or alterations to the vehicle by anyone other than the manufacturer or a dealer.
- The buyer must notify the manufacturer of the nonconformity during the warranty period.
- The manufacturer must make or arrange with its dealer to make the necessary repairs within a reasonable time.