Lemon Law

I Think I Qualify For A Vehicle Refund Or Replacement. What Do I Do Next?

  1. Contact the dealer from whom you purchased/leased the vehicle and voice your position. Try to speak with the owner of the dealership. If that is not possible, speak with the general manager or new vehicle sales manager.
  2. Write to the manufacturer explaining your position.
  3. File a complaint with the appropriate dispute settlement program for the manufacturer.
  4. Finally, if you have not obtained satisfactory results after taking these steps, contact an attorney or file a complaint with the Attorney General`s Office.

See your automobile`s owner`s manual, warranty information or your dealer for the address of the manufacturer`s regional office.

A list of arbitration programs for the respective manufacturers is included in this information.

  • Chrysler Customer Satisfaction Arbitration Board
    P.O. Box 25668
    Overland Park, Kansas 66225­5668
  • Ford Consumer Appeals Board
    P.O. Box 5120
    Southfield, Michigan 48086­5120
  • Industry Third­Party Dispute Resolutions Programs
  • Handles
  • Acura, Alfa Romeo, AM General, Audi, Buick
    Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC Truck, Honda, Hyundai
    Infiniti, Isuzu, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus
    Nissan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Porsche, Saturn
    Toyota, Volkswagen
  • Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Miami and Linn Counties
  • Better Business Bureau
    306 E 12th St, Suite 1024
    Kansas City, Missouri 64106
  • Atchison, Brown, Doniphan, Geary, Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Lyon, Marshall, Morris, Nemaha, Osage, Pottawatomie, Riley, Shawnee, Douglas and Wabaunsee Counties
  • Better Business Bureau
    501 Jefferson, Suite 24
    Topeka, Kansas 66607­1190
  • Sedgwick and All Other Kansas Counties
  • Better Business Bureau
    328 Laura
    Wichita, Kansas 67211
  • Statewide Autoline 1­800­955­5100

For further information or to file a complaint, please write to the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, Kansas Judicial Center, Topeka, Kansas 66612, or call the toll­free Consumer Hotline, 1­800­432­2310. Leave your name, number and subject of your inquiry with the receptionist and an agent will return your call promptly.