Lemon Law

My Vehicle Has Serious Problems. What Should I Do?

You need to report the vehicle`s problems to the dealer or the manufacturer. Check your owner`s manual/warranty booklet for the address and telephone number of the zone office designated to handle your complaint. The booklet will also tell you if the manufacturer requires written notification of a claim requesting a refund or replacement vehicle. If written notification is required, you must write to the manufacturer. Include a copy of your letter to the manufacturer with your Lemon Law application.

IMPORTANT: Keep a record of all contacts with the dealer and manufacturer, along with complete records of all repair work and dates the vehicle was at the dealership. You have the right to a copy of all work orders, even if the work being done is under warranty.