Can A Consent Be Withdrawn?

Any person who has given consent can change her or his mind up to 21 days after giving such consent, but only if such revocation is in writing and delivered to the Director of Child and Family Services appointed under the Child and Family Services Act, or such designated official appointed by said director. after which, as soon as possible after receipt of such revocation, the Director must give notice to the prospective adoptive parent, who must return the child, whether or not the prospective adoptive parent has commenced court proceedings with respect to the child;

Speak to an Experienced Adoption Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified adoption lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local adoption attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Adoption attorney today.

Additional Adoption Articles