Dreher Tomkies LLP
Banking and Finance | Serving Columbus, OH
Columbus Banking and Finance Law Firm
Committed to Excellence
At Dreher Tomkies LLP, we concentrate on the areas of banking and financial services, with an emphasis on financial services provided by creditors to consumers. Our Firm’s partners have over 100 years of combined experience advising on banking and financial services matters.
Such counseling can include the rendering of advisory opinions, state law outlines and summaries, product design and development and the identification of appropriate product delivery vehicles, as well as program planning, implementation and maintenance.
Dreher Tomkies LLP also provides advice regarding all aspects of the purchase and sale of receivables, the negotiation of credit programs among financial institutions, retailers and others, securitizations and participations of receivables, litigation and amicus briefs in connection with credit issues, creditor representation in bankruptcy and legislative and regulatory solutions.
We frequently assist in long-term strategic planning, issue identification and the implementation of plans for financial institutions, other types of clients and their affiliates with respect to providing financial services on an interstate and nationwide basis.
We have substantial experience in assisting bank holding companies and diversified financial services companies in rationalizing and consolidating their diverse consumer lending operations.. The Firm’s practice encompasses all asp
Our lawyers are committed to providing excellent service. We seek to design projects to the needs and desires of our clients and believe that the breadth and depth of our concentrated experience allows us to deliver legal services in an expeditious and cost-efficient manner.
Call 614-628-8000 today to arrange your consultation.
Attorney Darrell L. Dreher
- Ohio, 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- 1973, J.D., with Honors
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- 1966, B.A.
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Conference on Consumer Finance Law, Past Chairman, Governing Committee
- American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers, Member, Board of Regents
- American Financial Services Association, Law Committee, Member, Counsel to the Credit Card Committee
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Member, Consumer Financial Services Committee
- American Bar Association, Interstate Delivery of Consumer Financial Services Subcommittee, Past Chairman
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, Banking Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Past Chairman, Financial Institutions Committee
- Columbus Bar Foundation, Fellow
- The George Washington University Law School, Board of Advisors
- The George Washington University Law School, Alumni Association Board of Directors
- The George Washington University Law School, Past Chairman, Board of Advisors
Honors & Awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America for Banking and Consumer Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, and Litigation-Banking and Finance for over 20 years
- Central Ohio Lawyer of the Year (as named by Best Lawyers in America) for 6 years
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Nationwide Financial Services Regulation since 2009
- Founding Fellow, Board of Regents, American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers
- Ohio Super Lawyers For Banking for over 15 years
- Recognized by Top Lawyers - Columbus CEO since 2009
- U.S. News Best Law Firms Tier 1 Ranking