Nationally Recognized. Highly Awarded. Results You Can Trust.
Simply put, Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria knows how to serve clients and does it with top attorneys, hard work, and integrity. Clients take comfort in knowing they have a trusted advocate they can turn to, no matter what their legal needs. Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria’s rich history of serving all legal needs and consistent track record of success for clients has made the firm one of the largest and most respected in the region.
With over 25 years of experience in successfully handling the full range of criminal defense matters, Lipsitz Green has demonstrated time and again that our attorneys fully understand and have mastered the complexities involved with trial procedure, juries, and investigations as well as the subtle nuances involved in successfully handling criminal defense trials and appeals.
Contact Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Criminal Appeals
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Federal Charges
- State Charges
- Traffic Violations
- White-Collar Crime
- Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff
When people are charged with crimes, they need guidance, protection, and the best-possible results for themselves and their families. Whether you or someone you love is facing a petty larceny charge or a major felony offense, Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria’s criminal defense lawyers, based in Buffalo, NY, know that this charge is probably the most pressing issue your life, affecting every other aspect. Our attorneys deeply understand this and act quickly, intelligently, and aggressively to achieve the best possible outcome for you. Call 866-638-5173 today to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Barry N. Covert
Barry N. Covert focuses his practice primarily in the following areas:
- New York State and federal criminal trials and appeals
- Constitutional law, including First Amendment, Second Amendment, and civil rights actions
- Qui Tam Act, also known as the False Claims Act
- Defending against allegations of scientific misconduct, scientific fraud, research misconduct, research fraud, plagiarism, and fabrication of evidence
- Defense of professional licensing, including for attorneys, doctors, and nurses
- Title IX issues
- Computer, Internet Crime, and Cyber Crime Defense
- Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivors litigation, including the representation of victims sexual abused by priest and matters involving the Catholic Church
Mr. Covert has represented numerous professional clients relating to licensing issues and defended a prominent research scientist against allegations of scientific fraud and misconduct involving several federally funded research projects involving the Office of Research Integrity (ORI). Mr. Covert is currently handling scientific misconduct cases at numerous prominent universities throughout North America.
He is fluent in German.
- New York, 1990
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., 1989
- State University of New York at Fredonia, B.A., cum laude, 1986
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Member of Erie County Community Corrections Advisory Board (appointed by the Erie County Legislature)
- Member of the Moot Court Board, 1988-89
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Bar Association of Erie County, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, and the First Amendment Lawyers Association
- Instructor for the New York State Office of Court Administration, Judicial Magistrate’s Training Program, lecturing in the areas of criminal practice and procedure, evidence, pretrial motions and hearings, jury and non-jury Trials, DWI trials and post-conviction remedies
- Adjunct professor, State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, 2003-06
- Previously lectured for the New York State Bar Association on criminal practice and procedures, pre-trial motions and hearings, and post-conviction remedies
- Previously lectured for the Bar Association of Erie County regarding vehicle and traffic law trials
- Previously lectured for the First Amendment Lawyers Association on numerous subjects
42 Delaware Avenue, Suite 120
Buffalo, NY 14202
35 Maple Road
Williamsville, NY 14221
585 Aero Drive
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Los Angeles Office
11845 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90064