We Help Clients with Divorce, Custody Battles, Child Support Issues, and Family Law. Free Consultations! Give Us a Call Today.
Walter Herbert has 29 years of experience representing clients in all areas of family law, including mediation and separation agreements, divorce, child custody and support, spousal support and property issues. In 2003 Mr. Herbert was selected to the MSBA Family & Juvenile Law Section Council, the premier family law policy-making group in the State of Maryland, and in June 2011 Mr. Herbert was selected, after many years in the leadership of this prestigious organization, to serve a one-year term as Chair of the Family Law Section of the MSBA.
In addition, Mr. Herbert has frequently lectured for CLE courses. Recently Mr. Herbert has lectured on "Custody Evaluations" and "Alimony Considerations" and has authored, or co-authored, many articles, including "Handling Child Relocation Cases." Mr. Herbert practices throughout Central and Southern MD and Northern VA.
- Criminal Law
- Custody & Visitation
Call Walter Herbert Jr. today at 301-627-8200 to arrange your free initial consultation
Attorney Walter A. Herbert Jr.
- Maryland 1987
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- June 2011-June 2012, Chair, MSBA Family & Juvenile Law Section
- June 2012-June 2013, Immediate Past Chair, MSBA Family & Juvenile Law Section
- 2003-2011, member, MSBA Family & Juvenile Section Council
- 2012, Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation
- 1996, United Community Ministries, Alexandria, Virginia, Volunteer of the Year
- 1998-2004, Chair, Prince Georges County Bar Association Family Law Committee
- A primer for attorneys who represent children in family law cases., Author, "Best Practices for the Best Interest Attorney", Maryland Bar Journal, 2009
- A discussion of the unique issues involved in the child "move-away" case., Author, "Some Thoughts on Handling Your Child Relocation Case", Maryland Bar Journal, 2006
Upper Marlboro Office
PO Box 1384
14713 Main Street
Upper Marlboro, MD 20773
1487 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, VA 22101