As unemployment continues to rise in today's economy, it is difficult to imagine a more upsetting experience than losing your job due to employment discrimination.
As an experienced Coronado California Employment attorney, my firm is dedicated to providing legal representation of the very highest quality to "ordinary people" who have been harmed.
Contact my firm today if you or a loved one needs legal assistance with any of the following matters:
- Wrongful Termination
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Violation of Family and Medical Leave Laws
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Unfair Competition and Trade Secret Litigation
- Labor Laws
- Employment Law
- Employee Rights
- Severance Agreements
- Whistleblower Claims
- Administrative Law
- Workers' Compensation
As the firm's principle attorney, I am an experienced, aggressive, and relentless employee advocate who has opposed numerous large corporate defendants including Starbucks, SAIC, Ace Parking, and Longs Drugs. I have helped labor-violation victims throughout California obtain the compensation they deserve, and I can help you, too.
If you or someone you know needs the help of an experienced San Diego Employment attorney, call The Law Office of Terry J. Chapko today at 619-780-7499, or complete the contact form provided on this site to schedule a free consultation.
Attorney Terry J. Chapko
- California, 1995
- Northwestern University, J.D., 1995
- Grinnell College, B.A., 1988
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (CASD)
- Named 2009 San Diego Super Lawyer
- Chau v. Starbucks Corporation. On March 20, 2008, a San Diego court awarded a class of all "baristas" who have worked for Starbucks Corporation in California since October of 2000 over $105 million dollars as a result of Starbucks illegal diversion of tips from baristas to supervisors. The class included over 120,000 current and former employees. The verdict was overturned on appeal on June 2, 2009 and is currently on appeal to the California Supreme Court.
- Does v. Doe Construction Company. Obtained $1,750,000 settlement in October 2008 for two women who alleged they were sexually harassed and then retaliated against for reporting the harassment.
- Aguirre v. Richard Heath & Associates, Inc. Class action for unpaid overtime and unreimbursed expenses filed in San Diego County settled for $500,000. Payments to class members were made in April 2008. The class consisted primarily of employees who spoke English as a second language and who had been told they did not qualify for overtime pay.
- Joanne Limneos v. SAIC. Female whistleblower awarded $500,000 in December 2007 after three-week arbitration in downtown San Diego. Established that San Diego's largest private employer had wrongfully terminated the plaintiff.
- Robb v. Starbucks Corporation. After three-week jury trial in San Diego Superior Court in September-October 2006, former male Starbucks employee, who alleged he was sexually harassed by his male boss, was awarded $257,500 in compensatory and punitive damages in addition to his attorneys' fees and costs.
Since 1997, the "Lead Counsel Verified" status has been granted to attorneys who possess:
- The Right Professional Experience
- A Spotless Record
The following attorneys at this firm are Lead Counsel Verified:
Terry J. Chapko
This attorney practices in California and is Lead Counsel Verified in the following practice areas: