Practical Family Law Attorneys Committed To Solving Problems
Our firm is devoted to resolving family law problems for men and women in eastern Kansas and western Missouri. Our focus is always on the goal of solving family law problems as efficiently as possible to keep the emotional and financial costs under control for our clients. Many family law issues involve children. We believe that if attorneys feed the already high-level of acrimony, it is not beneficial for our clients — or their children.
We strive to resolve child custody matters with dignity to protect our clients' parent child relationships. When business interests are involved in a divorce, we draw on our strong background in business and tax law to efficiently obtain positive results.
We are skilled negotiators and experienced trial attorneys who provide advice, representation and services to resolve family law matters
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Contested or uncontested divorce: Whether you believe you can resolve the issues in your divorce amicably, or you expect a fight, our lawyers strive to obtain positive results with the least amount of emotional and financial turmoil.
- Unique issues in a military divorce: Our skilled lawyers understand the unique issues that military families face when a marriage breaks down. Military benefits and specific rules that protect service members are vital concerns in a military divorce. Child custody and parenting time plans in military families require an understanding of the unique dynamics that military life includes.
- Protecting business interests: Business valuation in divorce and determining the scope of an individual's interest in a business or professional association requires complex financial analysis. Our Kansas City area lawyers have backgrounds in business law, real estate and taxation to protect your interests.
- Property division: Kansas and Missouri each recognize the equitable division of property in divorce.
- Child custody and visitation: Creating a workable child custody and parenting plan is essential to the well-being of your child. We understand that each divorce involves its own family dynamics.
- Child support: Your child deserves a stable household. We guide clients to practical solutions to protect the best interests of their children in resolving child support matters.
- Spousal maintenance: In spousal support disputes, we provide sound guidance and solid advocacy to protect the rights, and finances, of our clients.
- Establishing paternity: Biological fathers seeking parental rights and mothers who want to protect their children's right to financial support rely on our lawyers for results in paternity matters.
- Grandparents' rights: Many grandparents who have a strong relationship with their grandchildren are cut out of the lives of the children after a change in family dynamics. We can explain your grandparents' rights under Kansas or Missouri law.
- Adoption: We clients help build strong family relationships through the adoption process.
- Termination of parental rights: Parental rights can be relinquished if it is in the best interests of the child. For instance, a stepparent may wish to adopt a child and seek to terminate a biological parent's rights to allow the adoption.
- Domestic violence: Our lawyers represent men and women in hearings for protective orders based upon domestic violence matters.
- Annulment of a marriage: Annulment may be appropriate if the marriage was founded on fraud or other specified matters. An annulment legally erases the marriage as if it never took place.
Call Attorney Joshua Mathews today at 866-258-0499 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Joshua Mathews
Joshua T. Mathews is a trained Tax and Transactions attorney, who obtained a Master's in Tax Law after receiving his Juris Doctorate degree. And while he still assists small and large businesses with Tax Planning and Transactions work, he now spends a great deal of time working with businesses and individuals contemplating bankruptcy, litigating business and real estate disputes, or assisting Moms and Dads who are facing divorce or child custody battles.
In addition to the practice of law, Mr. Mathews has been Vice-President of a multi-national corporation and has spent significant time working outside the U.S. directing both sales and operations. It is this unique experience that allows him to truly understand the needs and concerns of businesses, as well as their managers and owners.
"Our promise of fair-dealing isn't something that we pulled from a book. When I decided to open my own practice, I sat down with my staff and talked about what we though was important in a law firm; not only to the attorneys, but to the clients. It's a promise that I make to my clients every day, and keeping that promise is our first priority. We measure our success by how our clients rate our integrity."