As an Estate Attorney, I am Proactive Instead of a Reactive
Many people encounter financial difficulties late in life, which can cause significant problems. Some people have outlived their retirement savings, but they have too many assets to qualify for Medicare or Medicaid. It can be a financial burden when adult children return to their parents' homes due to the downturn in the economy. Many people who are part of the baby boomer generation experience a double financial drain when paying for the college education of their child while caring for their aging parents.
As your Greenbelt wills and estates attorney, I can anticipate possible financial events in your future and help you plan for them. I create legal strategies that comply with the law while maximizing preservation of your assets.
- My trusts and wills practice can anticipate methods for maximizing asset protection and wealth transfer. The main method for achieving this is to establish a trust and thereby avoid the probate process.
- My elder law practice can help you plan for the eventuality of nursing home care or incapacitation. I offer you ways to protect your assets from the rising cost of nursing home care and to qualify for Medicare.
- My probate practice anticipates and plans for the disputes that can arise during the probate process, causing unnecessarily delays. I develop methods for making this process as seamless as possible for personal representatives as they manage the final affairs of an estate.
My law firm can help you maximize your assets, ensure the transfer of wealth to future generations and provide the peace of mind you deserve.
Call Attorney Terrence McGrath today at 301-220-2234 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Terrence M. McGrath
- Maryland, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1993
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- B.A. - 1977
- Major: Law Enforcement
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge President, 1986 - 1988