We Take A Common Sense Approach To Complex Issues
The successful representation of a client in a complex business dispute or a state and federal criminal case depends on the experience, prowess and acumen of the attorney defending them. At The Kaufman Law Group, we have represented a wide range of major industry leaders, entrepreneurs and corporations, all of whom came to us because of our long-standing reputation for seeking common-sense resolutions that had their best interests in mind.
The successful career of nationally recognized trial lawyer Gary Jay Kaufman has caused The Kaufman Law Group to be profiled by numerous news outlets in the Los Angeles area and throughout the state of California. We have a history of success litigating hundreds of civil disputes for individuals and corporate entities as well as handling complex criminal cases involving white collar crimes, federal drug charges, first-degree murder and a range of other serious charges.
Contact The Kaufman Law Group today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- White Collar Crime
- Federal Crime
- Fraud Defense
- Fraud Charges
The future of our clients' reputations depends on our ability to effectively and efficiently resolve legal matters by bringing matters to a favorable conclusion. By using our extensive trial experience and Mr. Kaufman's work as a judge pro tem and mediator, we are able to develop and execute strong legal strategies that protect our clients' best interests and achieve their goals. Call The Kaufman Law Group today at 310-286-2202 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Gary Jay Kaufman
Mr. Kaufman has earned a national reputation as a distinguished trial lawyer emphasizing cutting edge internet litigation, state and federal criminal defense and complex business disputes. Mr. Kaufman represents individuals and corporations large and small in state and federal courts and before administrative and regulatory agencies.
He has successfully litigated hundreds of civil disputes across the United States and into Canada, including multi-million dollar trials, arbitrations and mediations. In addition, Mr. Kaufman has successfully challenged and defended complex federal appeals, including new and novel Internet issues.
Areas of Practice:
- State and Federal Criminal Trial Practice
- State and Federal Civil Trial Practice
- Mediations and Arbitrations
- Representing Clients in Complex Business Disputes
- State and Federal Appellate Practice
- Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, California
Admitted To The Bar:
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, pro hac vice
- Aggressively defended one of the world's largest social networking sites, with over 100 million members and 25 million monthly visitors, against 46 plaintiffs in San Francisco Superior Court.
- Defeated motion for certification of a nation-wide class action against one of the world's most popular Internet dating sites, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Achieved dismissal of all claims against Internet dating service based on immunity under the Communications Decency Act. The district court opinion was published, commented upon in law reviews and elicited support from the Center for Democracy and Technology. The dismissal was ultimately affirmed on appeal by the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Represented an affiliate marketing company in its lawsuit against two of the world's largest online advertisers. The suit alleged, among other things, Unfair Business Practices, Unfair Competition, Tortious Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage, Unjust Enrichment, and Conversion. Achieved dismissal of the opposing side's reactive declaratory relief action in Washington Federal Court, defeated the opposition's motion to enforce inapplicable arbitration agreement, and won following the opposing party's appeal.
- Defended a Los Angeles-based shoe and clothing boutique in their defense and counter-claims against a Chicago retail art gallery and furniture store's trademark infringement action in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Defeated, by way of summary adjudication, a $20,000,000 joint venture claim brought by a former agent and marketing representative of a world-renowned artist.
- Represented leading designer and manufacturer of flow measurement instruments for the oil and gas industry in its multi-million dollar suit against an industry competitor for, among other things, unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Secured an outright dismissal of the San Bernardino District Attorney's unfair competition lawsuit against America's leading stone manufacturer, after two and a half years of hard fought litigation.
- Successfully defended an Internet dating site against allegations of trademark infringement, unfair competition and violations of the right of publicity in Federal District Court.
- Successfully defended federal spam claims, subsequently affirmed on appeal to the Ninth Circuit. The opposing side's petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court was denied.
- Representing international film production company in a high-profile case that has gained national notoriety and media attention. This Massachusetts Federal District Court matter involves allegations of the Civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act and Copyright infringement, among others.
- Represented client against a multi-billion-dollar pharmaceutical company in a matter which was the subject of national headlines, had massive implications on Wall Street and the stock market, and garnered political attention from presidential candidates, United States Congressmen and was the subject of congressional hearings and committees. The case was resulted in an extremely favorable resolution for the client and exposed previously unknown fraudulent activities on the pharmaceutical marketplace.
- Represented the chief officer of a billion dollar publicly traded company with respect to various #MeToo and sexual misconduct allegations vis-à-vis purported accusers and an internal company investigation.
- Negotiated and resolved a wrongful termination employment matter, pre-litigation, on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer of a multi-million dollar corporation, resulting in a $7 million settlement.
- Successfully resolved a matter regarding civil allegations of public bribery and corruption against a world-renowned event production company and its chief executive.
- Represented renowned board-certified neurosurgeon in massive healthcare fraud civil action, resulting in the case being dismissed against our client on motion.
- Represented major music promoter and achieved a favorable resolution in Federal Court case brought by former business partner alleging various breaches of duty.
- Represented major music promoter and in partnership dispute alleging breaches of fiduciary duty, which was thrown out following motion to dismiss.
- Represented prominent event producer in Federal Court intellectual property case alleging theft of an iconic trademark, resolved favorably.
- Successfully defended multi-million-dollar music festival production company, following full arbitration on the merits, with arbitration award fully granted favor of company and no wrongdoing found.
- Represented employee and shareholder of a multi-million-dollar company in a dispute involving claims of discrimination, infliction of emotional distress, breach of fiduciary duty, wrongful termination and breach of contract. Achieved a multi-million-dollar settlement for our client.
- Achieved acquittal of first-degree murder charges in Beverly Hills Superior Court.
- Argued for and changed the law on internet obscenity in the Ninth Circuit, and obtained bail pending appeal of the first ever criminal convictions under the CAN-SPAM act, and the first internet
obscenity convictions in the Ninth Circuit not involving child pornography.
- Achieved complete dismissal of felony charges in wide-ranging prosecution for Medi-Cal fraud.
- Represented a client facing federal indictment on multiple mail fraud, wire fraud and conspiracy charges in the Northern District of New York.
- Successfully defended potential felony manslaughter charges against a corporation in the wake of an accidental workplace death.
- Representing a defendant in one of the largest healthcare fraud case in the State of California, involving over a dozen defendants, and deals with issues and evidentiary hearings surrounding prosecutorial misconduct and potential invasions of the attorney-client privilege.
- Representing key witness relative to Department of Justice investigation into pay-to-play public corruption matter involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Foreign Agents Registrations Act, and various international governments and high-profile public officials.
- Represented key witness in a federal bribery and public corruption investigation involving a municipal utilities contract for a Southern California city.
- Representing a high-level executive in a case pending in the Western District of Wisconsin Federal Court that involves a scheme to defraud and swindle money from a company.
- Representing a client in multi-million dollar healthcare fraud federal matter located in Central District of California, involving fraudulent billings and aggravated identity theft.
- Represented world-renowned event producer in one of the most prominently reported on local corruption criminal cases in recent memory. In what was widely viewed as a huge victory, successfully reduced a six-felony count indictment involving allegations of public corruption and bribery to a single misdemeanor plea following the exposure of prosecutorial misconduct.
- Representing American businessman in an ongoing international criminal investigation, involving cooperation between foreign and domestic federal prosecutors.
- Representing heir to legendary singer/songwriter on multiple cases involving weapons and drug charges, that has thus far resulted in dismissal of multiple counts.
- Represented suspect arrested in a cold-case murder investigation, who was released with no charges filed following our representation.
- Represented government employee charged with felony fraud, resulting in all counts dismissed.
- Representing college baseball player in ongoing highly publicized date rape case.
- Representing client in 20-plus defendant in ongoing federal case in the Northern District of California, involving allegations of money laundering, pharmaceutical fraud, and wire fraud.