A More Civil Way To Resolve Family Law Disputes
Litigation is a costly way to resolve a family law dispute. Rather than helping the two sides reach an agreement, litigation tends to drive them further apart. The two sides tend to dig into their positions, making the legal process more stressful and time-consuming. It can leave lasting acrimony at a time when you should be moving on with your life.
I am attorney Eileen Thomas. I founded my Atlanta family law practice more than a decade ago to help families find a more civil way to resolve issues such as divorce, marital property division, parenting time and support. To talk with me about the issue you are facing, call 678-813-1895.
Too often, lawyers are a part of the problem in a family dispute. I would like to be a part of the solution. Through alternative dispute resolution techniques such as negotiation, mediation and collaborative law, we can bring dignity and respect to a process that is often acrimonious. Avoiding litigation does not mean that your family will be free of conflicts. It means that you will resolve those conflicts in a way that is civil and predictable.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Family Law
- Collaborative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Prenuptial Agreements
Call Eileen Thomas today at 770-818-0301 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Eileen Thomas
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D
- Union College, B.A
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section Past Chair, 2014-2015
- Atlanta Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section, Secretary /Treasurer, 2017-2019
- Atlanta Bar Association, Membership Committee, 2013
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section, Secretary, 2011 - 2012
- State Bar of Georgia Family Law Section, Sponsorship Committee
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section, Treasurer, 2010 - 2011
- Atlanta Bar, Family Law Section, Chair, 2013 - 2014
- Atlanta Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section, Treasurer, 2016
- U.S. Supreme Court Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia State University Law School, Guest Speaker
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Collaborative Law Institute of Georgia: Past President, Past Treasurer, Past Secretary, Special Advisor
- Atlanta Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section, Member-at-Large, 2015-2016
- Atlanta Collaborative Divorce Alliance, Founding Member, June 2013 - Present
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section, Vice Chairman, 2012 - 2013
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member at Large, 2007 - 2010