Providing Sophisticated Intellectual Property Services
Contact Mr. Tabesh today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Intellectual Property Law
- Licensing and technology transfer
- Expert opinions
- Due diligence
- Prosecuting patents before the USPTO
- Ex parte and inter partes reexaminations
- Foreign filings
- Prior art search
- U.S.Counsel for foreign firms seeking to file foreign patent applications in the U.S.
Call 415-503-9164 today to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Dara Tabesh
Dara Tabesh is a technology attorney with more than seven years of experience handling a wide variety of legal matters, including patent prosecution and patent, trade secret, copyright, securities, and general business litigation.
Dara has played a key role in patent and trade secret infringement cases in U.S. district courts relating to a wide variety of technologies, including circuit design, GPS, video technology, biotechnology, and pharmaceuticals. He has briefed and argued substantive and discovery motions, worked closely with technical and damages experts to develop expert reports, taken and defended depositions of technical witnesses, negotiated settlement agreements, managed discovery, assisted in all facets of trial preparation, and developed legal arguments and case strategies.
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of California
- J.D., Univeristy of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2002
- Law Review, Senior Notes Editor
- Winner of Snodgrass Award for appellate advocacy (best overall, best brief)
- Four-time winner of CALI Excellence for the Future Award for highest grade in Intellectual Property, Patent Litigation, American Legal History, and Appellate Advocacy
- M.S., Wright State University, 1997 (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)
- B.A., Miami University, 1993 (Philosophy; minor in American Literature)
- In a case involving cutting-edge biotechnology, on behalf of a university client suing a large agricultural company, Dara helped brief a successful motion for summary judgment for lack of prosecution laches, facilitated preparation of expert reports on damages and non-infringing substitutes, took and defended depositions of technical witnesses, helped manage discovery, prepared discovery motions, developed willful infringement arguments, and prepared materials for trial. The case settled in favor of his client for over $200 million.
- In a case involving chip design technology, on behalf of a leading chip designer, Dara managed discovery, prepared briefing on several issues, conducted and defended several key depositions, facilitated preparation of expert reports, prepared infringement and invalidity contentions, and helped manage claim construction. The case settled in favor of his client.
- In a case involving DNA sequencing technology, on behalf of a leading developer of DNA sequencing tools, Dara briefed a motion for summary judgment on ownership of the patents-in-suit, managed discovery, and assisted in claim construction briefing.
- In a case involving alleged trade secret misappropriation of video transfer technology, on behalf of a developer of video transfer devices, Dara managed discovery, briefed key issues, and helped his client avoid a preliminary injunction on sales of its video transfer device.
- In a case involving GPS technology used for farming, on behalf of his clients, Dara developed and briefed key inequitable conduct arguments. His client won on summary judgment.
- In a case involving a labor dispute between a company and its former President, on behalf of the company, Dara managed discovery, briefed key motions, and negotiated the settlement agreement between the parties. The case settled favorably for the client.
- In a copyright infringement dispute, on behalf of a marketing company accused of infringement where his client never disputed infringement, Dara negotiated a settlement prior to the filing of suit that resulted in his client paying less than 10% of the amount demanded.
- In a case brought under the Child Welfare Act on behalf of foster care providers against California state officals, Dara helped manage discovery, took depositions of key state employees, facilitated preperation of three export reports, and successfully argued a discovery motion. His client won on summary judgement.
- Experience in a wide variety of other litigation matters, including shareholder derivative suits, class actions (representing both plaintiffs and defendants), breach of contract, general business litigation, and unlawful detainers.
- Dara has prepared patent applications in a variety of technologies, including water purification, food sterilization, solar power, wind power, and the mechanical arts.