We're Ready to Help!
For more than 30 years, I have provided clients in Greater Baton Rouge with a variety of essential legal services. I help people lay careful, clear plans for the future with estate planning. I guide clients who've lost a loved one through an often complex and time-consuming probate process. I also help individuals and businesses effectively deal with difficult tax problems.
I represent and counsel individuals, families and businesses in a range of legal areas, including:
Estate planning and probate: I can help you draft wills, trusts, powers of attorney, prenuptial agreements, elder law documents/issues, and gift and estate tax return preparation. As a skilled Louisiana estate planning lawyer, I also help clients with community property partitions, will contests, trust administration, probate administration and probate litigation.
- Tax law for individuals and businesses: I handle state, local and federal income taxes, sales taxes, gift taxes and estate taxes. I also offer counsel and representation for making an offer in compromise (OIC) and other agreements with the various tax agencies. I can also help businesses and individuals craft IRS or state payment plans, negotiated amounts, etc.
- Business formation and organization: I help entrepreneurs choose the proper legal entity for their start-up, whether it is a limited liability company (LLC), corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship. Then I can assist with organizing their business and legal documentation properly.
- When facing difficult tax problems or needing estate planning guidance in shaping the future for your family, you need a lawyer committed to both his clients and community. I am a board certified tax attorney and board certified estate planning and administration specialist. Though I work exclusively as a lawyer helping clients with difficult financial questions and problems, I'm also a Certified Public Accountant (inactive).
I have advised clients administering estates valued as high as $15 million, and I have provided counsel to clients regarding estate planning for estates valued up to $25 million. I have successfully represented clients in a variety of tax disputes with the Internal Revenue Service, including a case regarding estate and gift taxes that precipitated a change in the IRS position on the treatment of life insurance policies in Louisiana.
As an experienced estate planning and tax attorney in Baton Rouge, I provide the sophisticated services of a large law firm with the devotion to detail and my clients that are the hallmarks of good small firms.
Contact me today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Tax Law for Individuals and Businesses
- Business Formation and Organization
Call Attorney Donald M. Meltzer today at 225-216-0015 to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Donald M. Meltzer
- Louisiana, 1987
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- Board Certified Tax Attorney, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified Estate Planning & Administration Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- University of Texas, Austin, TX
- B.B.A. – 1978
- Major: Accounting