Top Minot AFB, ND Drunk Driving Lawyers Near You
Drunk Driving Lawyers | Minot Office | Serving Minot AFB, ND
12 Main St S, Suite 6, Minot, ND 58701
Minot AFB Drunk Driving Information
Lead Counsel independently verifies Drunk Driving attorneys in Minot AFB and checks their standing with North Dakota bar associations.Our Verification Process and Criteria
- Ample Experience Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
- Good Standing Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
- Annual Review Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
- Client Commitment Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.
Are You Facing Drunk Driving Charges?
If you are faced with drunk driving charges, you are undoubtedly worried about what is going to happen. Of course drunk driving charges are serious, but whatever charges you are facing can be mitigated with the help of an experienced Minot AFB drunk driving lawyer.
Drunk Driving Offenses
There are many things that fall under drunk driving offenses, depending on the state you are in. For instance, many people are familiar with driving under the influence (DUI), or driving while intoxicated (DWI), and these are most often associated with alcohol consumption.
Did you know that these offenses and others like them also take into account drugs, controlled substances and other factors that may impair a person’s ability to drive? Additionally, these offenses are not just for cars and trucks, a person on a bike, or even a boat can receive these same stiff criminal charges.
How an Attorney Can Help
An attorney can often resolve your particular legal issue faster and better than trying to do it alone. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal system, while avoiding costly mistakes or procedural errors. You should seek out an attorney whose practice focuses on the area of law most relevant to your issue.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney’s experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
Does firm size matter?
For most consumer legal issues, the size of the practice is much less important than the experience, competence, and reputation of the attorney(s) handling your case. Among the most important factors when choosing an attorney are your comfort level with the attorney or practice and the attorney’s track record in bringing about quick, successful resolutions to cases similar to yours.
Common legal terms explained
Pro se – This Latin term refers to representing yourself in court instead of hiring professional legal counsel. Pro se representation can occur in either criminal or civil cases.
Statute – Refers to a law created by a legislative body. For example, the laws enacted by Congress are statutes.
Subject matter jurisdiction – Requirement that a particular court have authority to hear the claim based on the specific type of issue brought to the court. For example, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court only has subject matter jurisdiction over bankruptcy filings, therefore it does not have the authority to render binding judgment over other types of cases, such as divorce.