Have You Been In a Construction Site Accident?
If you've been in a construction site accident, whether you working at the construction site or a passerby, you may have certain remedies owed to you from the commercial business that owns the site and/or the entity operating out of the site. A skilled construction site accident attorney will be able to review the merits of your case and determine if you are entitled to any damages or monies from the owner of the property or the controller of the site.
Types of Construction Site Accidents
While accidents can happen anywhere, a construction site is ripe with opportunity for an accident to occur. There are plenty of heavy machinery and hazardous materials around a construction site that can be the cause of an accident, as well as workers who have to work high off the ground or sometimes underground. No matter the accident on a construction site, an attorney will be able to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Top Questions to Ask When Hiring an Attorney
- How many years have you been practicing law? How long have you practiced law in the local area?
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled in the past?
- What is the likely outcome for my case?
In legal practice, experience matters. An experienced attorney will likely have handled issues similar to yours many, many times. Therefore, after listening to your situation, the attorney should have a reasonable idea of the time line for a case like yours and the likely resolution.
What to Expect from an Initial Consultation
- Seek to determine whether the attorney can represent you. There is no one-size-fits-all legal solution and it may turn out your needs are better served by an attorney in a different specialization.
- It's important to find a legal ally who is both competent in the law and someone you can trust to protect your interests.
- Discuss how the practice's billing works and discuss possible additional charges or fees that may arise during or after the resolution of your case.
An attorney consultation should provide you with enough information so that you can make an informed decision on whether to proceed with legal help.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.