A Strong Advocate for the Injured and Their Families
I have been a lawyer since 1977 and I have prepared and successfully tried all types of complex cases, such as medical malpractice, construction accidents, car and truck collisions, workers’ compensation and Social Security claims.
When I take a case, I handle all aspects of that case personally, developing a rapport with the client and obtaining a “feel” for the case that I infectiously transmit so that the judge or jury lives the experience of my client. The fact that the defense knows that I will successfully convey my client’s perspective and experience is what causes cases to resolve for large amounts.
Contact me today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Work Related Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
I’ve earned the highest ratings from other lawyers as evidenced by my top “AV” rating by the Martindale-Hubbell© attorney rating system for skill, competence and integrity. I am well-respected throughout the metro Detroit area and am a proud sustaining member of the Michigan Association of Justice (formerly the Michigan Trial Lawyers Association), the Oakland County Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan Negligence, Workers’ Compensation and Family Law sections.
Call William Stern today at 248-469-0050 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney William Samuel Stern
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Admitted To The Bar:
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 1977
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of General Studies, 1973
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Sustaining Member of Michigan Association of Justice
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan: Negligence, Workers’ Compensation and Family Law sections
- AV Rated (highest) in Ability and Ethics by Martindale-Hubbell
Verdicts & Settlements
Hundreds of successful verdicts over the course of 35 years. Samples of cases:
- construction accident where truck ran over client’s foot. Obtained substantial settlement. Non-disclosure agreement prevents disclosure of details;
- Work related accident where client’s leg was struck by steel due to poor crane operation. Obtained substantial settlement;
- Wrongful death due to hit and run driver striking pedestrian. Substantial settlement for family of decedent;
- Obtained substantial verdict in Macomb County Circuit Court where doctor rendered marital counseling to couple and married client’s wife;
- Obtained substantial verdict in Oakland County Circuit Court where physician informed patient that she was HIV positive when no test had actually been taken;
- Obtained verdict against Brinks Security when it failed to pay reward to informant;
- Obtained Court of Appeals decision outlawing contingent payments to experts.
I am an attorney who has been practicing law in Michigan for over 35 years. I send all of my negligence and workers’ compensation clients to William Stern. He has consistently obtained the best results for my clients and my own family due to his diligence, creativity and experience.
Ernest S. Needle, attorney, Southfield, Michigan
Bill Stern has been my attorney for fifteen years. When I was severely injured in a car accident, he obtained tremendous results that allowed me to literally, take the insurance company to the cleaners!
Pjeter Markaj, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I refer my clients to Bill Stern. He has shown me that he obtains the best results and keeps my clients happy. He knows the system and how to get the maximum recovery!
Stephen Wood, attorney, Southfield, Michigan
I am attorney Jeffrey P. Decoster. I specialize in family law and general practice. When I have a client with a work related injury I refer that client to William Stern because I know that my client will receive top quality representation and get the maximum result.
Jeffrey P. Decoster
Bill Stern got me a great result when I was subjected to police misconduct. After the case settled and the City refused to pay, he dragged them back into federal court. We wound up with more than was originally agreed upon.
J.T. Worthy, Detroit
I was injured while lifting at a construction job. The insurer would not pay my doctor nor my weekly benefits. I lost everything. After a big legal battle, Mr. Stern was able to get my benefits and my doctor paid. He even got them to pay interest on what they should have paid in the first place!
Mike Spring, Metamora
Bill, All I can say that Stephen Wood was right, you are a Bull dog in the Courtroom, as I saw you have a lot of respect in the Court room and in the law profession. I must say you are the best. The stress that goes along with a divorce is unbelievable, but you kept me together and I thank you for that. You were there every step of the way for me and again, I thank you. It is a shame that things happen, but with people like you to walk someone through this is a great service. I know of your years of experience have made you one of the best lawyers in this field and you should be very proud of your accomplishments. This was a lot tougher than I could have imagined, so once again, thank you. It seems as if you were not only my lawyer but a friend as well. You will always be at the top of your game, and if they had a Stanley Cup for lawyers, you won the World championship more than once. I wish you the best in your career and keep charging hard at the opponent.