A Local Law Firm Dedicated to Personal and Attentive Service
If a disability prevents you from working, you may have the right to seek Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. You may also be entitled to benefits from Georgia workers' compensation if your injury or disability is work-related. Unfortunately, the process for obtaining these benefits can be frustrating.
A majority of Social Security applicants are initially denied benefits, and many injured workers are denied necessary medical treatment and other work comp benefits. Applicants are left to worry about how they will support their families and pay medical bills. Many injured workers find that their employer will look for ways to stop their benefits if their disability lingers. Hiring a lawyer to represent you can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
Practicing law since 1988, Ellene Welsh and her support staff help injured workers in Douglasville and the West Georgia area obtain benefits from workers' compensation and Social Security Disability (SSD). She also helps people without a work history apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
Social Security Disability
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- SSDI/SSI Application Process
- Denied Claims
- Appeals Process
- Family Benefits
- Qualifying Mental Disability
- Qualifying Physical Disability
- Medical Treatment
- Temporary Total Disability Benefits (TTD)
- Temporary Partial Disability Benefits (TPD)
- Permanent Partial Disability Benefits (PPD)
- Death Benefits
- Rehabilitation Benefits
Because we are a local firm, we are able to represent you at hearings, maintain close contact with you and be actively involved in your case. We also know the physicians, clinics and other medical providers in the Douglasville, Columbus and throughout the West Georgia area. We will advise you about available resources for free or reduced-cost health care treatment or prescription medications. We know what you are going through, and we have the information to help you get the assistance you deserve.
Our firm is not a nationwide mill that churns out case after case. We thoroughly evaluate and handle each claim on an individual basis. Here at the Law Office of Ellene Welsh, clients are more than just case numbers. Call 470-228-0164 today to arrange your free initial consultation. Our firm handles SSDI and workers' compensation cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay us no attorney fees until we successfully obtain benefits for you.
Attorney Ellene Welsh
- Georgia, 1988
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1988
- Emory University, Atlanta
- B.A. - 1985
- Major: History
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, 2004 - Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 1991 - Present
- Atlanta Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- Douglas County Bar Association, President, 1991 - Present
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
6488 Spring Street
Douglasville, GA 30133
944 2nd Ave
Columbus, GA 31901
3355 Lenox Rd,
Atlanta, GA 30326