Providing Personalized Counsel and Customized Services
My firm represents clients who want to make sure that their estates are administered in accordance with their wishes following their death and also to make sure that the persons they want to make decisions on their behalf are able to do so, if the client becomes incapacitated. This involves advising the client regarding wills, trusts, financial powers of attorney, and health care directives, including health care powers of attorney, mental health powers of attorney and living wills, as well as preparing the documents in accordance with the client’s wishes.
We prepare special needs trusts for family members with special needs who are eligible for income or resource sensitive public benefits. We also do long term care planning for clients who wish to apply for Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) and the Veteran’s Aid & Attendance Pension. We will petition the Superior Court for guardianships and/or conservatorships for persons who are not able to administer their estates or make and communicate rational decisions regarding their persons, when there are no powers of attorney or trust in place or when the documents exist but are not working as planned. We will also represent clients as Trustees or Personal Representatives of a Decedent’s Trusts or Estates.
We are known in the area for providing kind, compassionate, and prompt services, and we quite often hear from clients that our manner of delivery of our legal services is appreciated.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Wills, Trusts, Special needs trusts
- Financial powers of attorney
- Health care directives, including health care and mental health powers of attorney and living wills
- Guardianships for adults
- Conservatorships for adults and for minors
- Administration of Decedent’s Estates, Appointment of Personal Representatives
- Administration of Decedent’s Trust, Representation of Trustee
- Long Term Care planning for Arizona Long Term Care System and Veteran’s Aid & Attendance Pension
- Self-settled special needs trusts for disabled persons receiving settlement funds or an inheritance
Call 623-226-6890 today to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Catherine Leas
Admitted To The Bar:
- Arizona State University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1994
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Music, 1981
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation
- Certified as an Estates and Trusts Attorney by the State Bar of Arizona
- Member of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of Special Needs Alliance
- Member of West Valley Symphony Board of Trustees