Call Today If you Have Been Accused of a
Crime and Need Representation You Can Count On!
DAVID H. THOMAS is a partner in Taft’s Corporate Compliance and White Collar Criminal Defense practice. He counsels and represents companies, public officials, health care providers, and other professionals who are the subject of state and federal investigations and prosecutions involving the United States Department of Justice and the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, as well as county prosecutors throughout the state. He also assists clients in responding to subpoenas from Government regulators, including federal agencies like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Drug Enforcement Administration and state agencies such as the Ohio Auditor’s Office, Ohio Ethics Commission, and Ohio Inspector General.
Dave brings a broad range of experience to the criminal defense practice. He has tried more than sixty cases in state and federal courts, in matters ranging from aggravated murder to corporate fraud and federal conspiracy. Dave has also argued in state and federal appeals courts and the Supreme Court of Ohio. He has served as lead counsel defending white collar cases ranging from ethics and public corruption to health care fraud, banking violations, Government contract fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, and environmental crime.
Contact Dave today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
Dave frequently provides presentations to attorneys on evidence and trial practice and he is board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Criminal Trial Advocate. He is recognized in Best Lawyers in America and Ohio Super Lawyers for criminal defense. Dave was also named 2015 Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Columbus Criminal Defense: White Collar.
Call 614-300-5410 today to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney David H. Thomas
Admitted To The Bar:
- Moritz College of Law at the Ohio State University, J.D., 1999
- Wittenberg University, B.A., 1996
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association, Member, Professional Ethics Committee
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, 2012 – Present
- Best Lawyers in America (white collar and non-white collar criminal defense), 2011 – Present
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2011 – Present
- 2015 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year for White-collar criminal defense in Columbus