Call the Experienced Estate Planning Attorney You Deserve
Few activities are more important, yet more intimidating, than planning for your own long-term security and the continued well-being of your loved ones. The complexities of estate laws can lead many people to put off this crucial task until it’s too late, but with competent legal help you can lay a solid foundation for preserving your security and your legacy.
With new laws being passed on a regular basis, the guidance of an experienced estate planning lawyer is critical in assuring that your unique estate planning goals are understood and carried out. Proper estate planning can ensure that your invaluable legacy is not wasted, and that loved ones are cared for according to your wishes. Avoiding probate costs, expensive court proceedings and unnecessary taxes are important elements in preserving the integrity of your estate.
Contact Attorney Orcutt for representation in any of the following matters:
- Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship and Conservatorships
- Business Law
- Family Business Law
- Buying and Selling Businesses
- Trust Law
- Elder Law
As a solo practitioner with nearly 36 years of legal experience, I am able to focus fully and efficiently on my clients’ individual needs and goals and offer the best advice and assistance in meeting them. I value my relationships with people and am committed to providing excellent service to my clients.
I have practiced law continually, mainly in the Portland area, since being admitted to the Oregon State Bar in 1975. In 1992, I established my own firm, after years of practice with two mid-sized Portland firms, where I specialized in real estate, commercial transactions and estate planning and probate. Having my own firm has allowed me the flexibility to represent a variety of individual and business clients with whom I enjoy close working relationships.
In recent years I have focused primarily on estate planning and administration, which often include guardianships and conservatorships for incapacitated persons, revocable and trusts and business organization. I also continue to handle commercial real estate and business transactions. I appreciate the opportunity to play a key role in assisting my clients in achieving their individual goals in the most practical and efficient way possible.
Call Attorney Steven Y. Orcutt today at 503-228-9350, or complete the contact form provided on this site to schedule your initial consultation.
Attorney Steven Y. Orcutt
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
Admitted To The Bar:
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Lewis and Clark College, B.A., 1969
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- American Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Member of the Real Estate and Land Use, Estate Planning and Administration and Elder Law sections of the Oregon and Washington bar associations.
- Past member of the Legislation Subcommittee of the Real Estate and Land Use Section of the Oregon State Bar. Reviewed and drafted real estate-related legislation during 1985 and 1987 legislative sessions.
- Speaker and author, Enforcing Money Judgments, CLE sponsored by Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor Section.
- Speaker and author, Basic Probate in Oregon, CLE sponsored by the National Business Institute.