Tough, Knowledgeable, Experienced Criminal and DUI Defense
The mission of Simons Law is to provide aggressive defense representation to citizens accused of crimes. Attorney Barry T. Simons will not rest until he aggressively analyzes, reviews and addresses particular legal, factual, and scientific issues and every possible defense that may arise in your legal matter.
As skilled Laguna Beach Criminal Law Attorneys, we strongly believe that settlement negotiations conducted without the accompanying leverage of discovery are pointless and a major disservice to the client. It is this central belief that is a guiding principle in the manner in which we represent our clients in criminal defense matters. Specifically, this office aggressively litigates the issue of criminal discovery during the pendency of your matter. What this means is that you are entitled legally to any and all evidence that is in the possession of the prosecuting agency, whether it be the City Attorney for your respective city, or the District Attorney for the respective county in which you reside.
Our firm aggressively handles all types of criminal defense matters; specifically, misdemeanors and felonies including:
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Gun and Weapons Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Drunk Driving/ DUI
- Serious Traffic Offenses
- Internet Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Expungement Motions
Our firm will personally meet with you in our office and review each and every document, report, video, audio, printout, log, dispatch tape, and/or any other documentary evidence in the possession of the prosecuting agency in your matter. We never negotiate a potential plea bargain or settlement offer on behalf of any client without demanding that all available discovery in the possession of the prosecuting agency and/or arresting agency be provided to our office.
Our office is located in Laguna Beach, California and services all five of the Orange County Superior Courts in the County of Orange. In addition, our firm aggressively represents individuals accused of crimes in the County of San Diego Superior Court system as well as in and through all Courts in the County of Los Angeles.
Call Simons Law today at 866-271-0912 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Barry T. Simons
- Washington D.C.
- New York
Admitted To The Bar:
- New York Law School (Law Review Editor), J.D., 1971
- American University, B.S. Government, 1968
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Admitted to Practice in the State of California, 1972
- Admitted to Practice in the United States Supreme Court, 1978
- Admitted to Practice Before all California Federal Courts
- National College For DUI Defense (presented at Harvard Law School), 1996-2006
- Founding Member of National College For DUI Defense
- Assistant Dean – National College For DUI Defense, Current
- Board of Regents – National College For DUI Defense, Current
- Former Treasurer – National College For DUI Defense
- Instructor - National College For DUI Defense, 1998-2005 (presented at Harvard Law School)
- California DUI Lawyers Association (formerly known as Assn. of California Deuce Defenders) – Board of Directors, Specialist Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Vice Chairman DUI Committee, 2001-2002
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice – Former Co-Chair - Municipal Court Committee, 1995-1997
- Bd. of Directors South Orange County Bar Association
- Former President - South Orange County Bar Association
- Former Director - Orange County Bar Association
- Former Director - Orange County Harbor Bar Association
- Board Certified as National Expert in DUI Defense (1 of only 4 in CA) by the National College For DUI Defense, 2000
- Inclusion in the 2005 Edition of the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers - Martindale-Hubbell (Only 5% of U.S. Law Firms qualify for listing)
- American Jurisprudence Award - Criminal Law
- American Jurisprudence Award - Constitutional Law
- Who's Who in California
- Who's Who in American Law
- A/V Rated - Martindale Hubbell (Highest Rating for Competence and Ethics)
- Judge Pro Tempore