Federal Criminal Defense | Proven Track Record | Call Today
Federal criminal law and white collar criminal defense remains a mystery to most people. When the federal government suspects you or indicts you for a crime, you have the full weight of the U.S. Department of Justice against you. It is critical that you retain an accomplished attorney for your defense as soon as you know there are suspicions against you.
When you retain Scott & Nolder Law Firm, LPA for your defense, you can rest assured that the attorneys will go to the limit in educating you about the federal criminal justice system, work closely with you to formulate a well-thought-out legal strategy, develop motions that outline the facts and legal issues that will be presented on your behalf. Attorney Steve Nolder zealously defends clients in jury trials, during sentencing procedures, in hearings and on appeal.
Contact Mr. Nolder today for a defense of your constitutional rights at every stage of your case.
- Bank Burglary, Fraud, Embezzlement and Robbery
- Credit Card Fraud
- Criminal Mortgage Loan Fraud
- Criminal Stock Broker Fraud
- Federal Bribery
- Federal Drug Crimes
- Federal Extortion
- Federal Weapons Charges
- Federal Kidnapping
- Federal Perjury
- Health Care Fraud
- Medicaid and Medicare Fraud
- Money Laundering
- Tax Crimes
- Wire Fraud
Call experienced, local attorney Steve Nolder today at 614-221-9790 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Steve Nolder
- Ohio Bar–1987.
- United States Supreme Court, 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 1987
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1989
- Capital University Law School, J.D., 1987
- Ohio State University, B.A., Criminology and Political Science, 1983
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- 2006 – 2013 Federal Public Defender for the Southern District of Ohio.
- 2005 – 2006 Acting Federal Public Defender for the Southern District of Ohio.
- 2003 – 2005 First Assistant Federal Public Defender for the Southern District of Ohio.
- 1995 – 2003 Assistant Federal Public Defender for the Southern District of Ohio.
- 1987 – 1994 Sole Practitioner – member of the CJA Panel
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio Rules Committee - 2006-2013.
- Columbus Bar Association Ethics Committee - 2014-present.
Felony Charges – March 14, 2013
“I am a client of Mr. Scott. I was facing three felony charges, a CCW, mishandling of a firearm, and tampering with evidence. I had a prior CCW charge which was dismissed to a misdemeanor so I had little hope that all three of these felonies would be dropped. I was fortunate enough to receive two M-1 charges and keep my record clear of felonies. Thanks Mr. Scott and God Bless!!!”
- J. Arthur
Criminal Defense – March 10, 2013
“Joe Scott is awesome. He’s gotten me out of everything. He’s unpredictable and always comes out with the right thing and it always comes out good. Without him I would be in prison.”
- James Ansel
Ohio Bank Fraud Resolution – July 11, 2012
“I contacted Joe Scott in December 2010 when I learned that the United States Attorney’s Office and Federal Agents had me targeted for bank fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, money laundering and bankruptcy fraud. I realized that I was looking at a minimal twenty (20) years to life in prison and facing tens of millions of dollars in fines. Needless to say I was terrified of the consequences even though I firmly believed I had done nothing wrong. It was working with Mr. Scott for more than a year that we were able to convince the Government that I had done nothing wrong and that they should drop the pursuit of prosecuting me. I hate to consider where I might be today or what I might be facing had I not met Mr. Scott who was able to get the Government to agree they were no longer going to file criminal charges against me and my family.”
- Bhaskar B.
Federal Drug Charges
“I was arrested on December 13, 2001, by the DEA for conspiracy to distribute 50-150 kilograms of cocaine. During my pretrial experiences and dealing with numerous lawyers, I found my best advice and direction was from Joseph E. Scott. However, in making the wrong choice of retaining a different lawyer, not Mr. Scott, I was eventually convicted and sentenced to 188 months in federal prison. One (1) week after the imposition of my sentence, I did retain Joseph E. Scott for my appeal. Mr. Scott worked diligently, continuously, and never gave up in getting my conviction reversed. He devoted his time, skills, and talent to regain my freedom. Mr. Scott was successful in getting my conviction reversed in the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals on February 1, 2005. Mr. Scott’s hard work saved me seven (7) years of my life by getting my conviction reversed.”
- United States of America v. R. E., 2:02 cr 005, and United States of America v. R. E., United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, No. 3-3403 (2005).