Call for Experienced Estate Planning and Probate Services
Since 1978, this firm has been providing clients with a full complement of estate planning and probate services, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills, probate avoidance, estate tax avoidance, guardianships, probates, small estate and non-probate alternatives, and trust and estate administration. Clients appreciate the knowledge, experience and compassion that is brought to their legal issues. We work closely with clients to answer their questions, explain the law, protect their rights and keep them informed throughout the duration of their case.
Affordable, basic legal services are offered, as well as services involving complex issues and estates.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
For more information, visit our website at http://www.jcrlaw.com.
Call Attorney Jennifer Rydberg today at 425-235-5535 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Serving King County and northern Pierce County, including the cities of Kent, Seattle, Bellevue, Auburn, Algona, Black Diamond, Bonney Lake, Buckley, Burien, Carbonado, Covington, Des Moines, Edgewick, Edgewood, Enumclaw, Fairwood, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Hobart, Issaquah, Kanaskat, Lake Tapps, Lakewood, Maple Valley, Milton, Newcastle, Normandy Park, North Bend, O'Brien, Orilla, Orting, Pacific, Puget Sound, Puyallup, Ravensdale, Redondo, Renton, SeaTac, Skyway, Snoqualmie, Spring Glen, Sumner, Tukwila, Tacoma, University Place, Vashon, West Seattle, Wilkeson, and the State of Washington.
Attorney Jennifer C. Rydberg
- Washington, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
Admitted To The Bar:
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington, J.D. - December, 1977
University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Washington, B.S. cum laude - August, 1973
- Major: Chemistry
- AAUW (American Association of University Women), Member, past SE King Co. President, 1989 - Present
- AAUW, Named Gift Honoree
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1978 - 1992
- American Civil Liberties Union, Member, 2001 - Present
- Boy Scouts of America, Chief Seattle Council, Silver Beaver Award, March 31, 2011, 1987 - Present
- Boy Scouts of America, Chief Seattle Council, Merit badge counselor, 1992 - Present
- Boy Scouts of America, Chief Seattle Council, Foothills District, Eagle Scout Advancement Committee, 2003 - Present
- Domestic Abused Women's Network (DAWN), Board Member, 1997 - 1998
- East King County Bar Association, Member, 1995 - 1997
- Estate Planning Council of Seattle, Member, January 31, 2009 - Present
- Estate Planning Council of South King County, Charter member, Director, 2010 - Present
- FLOCK, Family Law Officers of the Court, King County, Member, 1996 - Present
- Kent Chamber of Commerce Foundation, 1986 - 1989
- Kent Valley Youth Services, Associate member, Board of Directors, 1984
- King County Bar Association, Member, May 31, 1978 - Present
- Maple Valley Cub Scout Pack 712, Committee Chair & Den Leader, 1988 - 1994
- Maple Valley Cub Scout Pack 715, Committee Chair, 1986 - 1987
- Maple Valley Fire & Life Safety, Commissioner, April 22, 2010 - Present
- Northwest Women's Law Center, Member, 1985 - Present
- Rainier Symphony, Violinist, Concertmaster, Principal 2nd, & Board of Directors Member, 1980 - 1996
- Rotary Club of Kent Sunrise, Member, 2002 - Present
- South King County Bar Association, Member, 1978 - Present
- Tahoma School District, Board of Directors Member, President 1 Year, 1991 - 1995
- Tahoma Schools Foundation, 1988 - 1991
- Voice of Tahoma Education (V.O.T.E.), Co-Chair, 1988 - 1990
- Washington Old Time Fiddlers Association, 2005 - 2007
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, May 31, 1978 - Present
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member, 1978 - Present
Jennifer made the process easier than I thought it would be with all the paperwork to be filed when my husband passed away last year. She walked me through the steps and gave me advice as I updated my will. – Nancy
I needed to have a new will drawn up and got Jennifer's name/phone number from one of her clients. Jennifer took the time to understand some special situations and provide me with good counsel on how to proceed with my will. My will and other documents were drawn up quickly and I was very pleased with the service. -- an Estate Planning client
In 2000 we had an attorney draw up a living family trust for us which was done fine. In 2012 we needed to amend the trust and file a quit claim deed on our Seattle area home and our condo in California, moving them into the trust. Our attorney was totally unresponsive to our needs, so after nearly a year without any action we made the decision for find another attorney. We selected Jennifer Rydberg solely because she specialized in estate planning. We were a little nervous because her hourly rate was higher than we were used to paying, but when we met in her office our concern quickly melted away. Jennifer was warm and personable. She quickly reviewed our trust and our reasons for needing to make changes. She also easily handled the quit claim deed for our Washington house and she had a professional arrangement with an attorney in California that she used to handle the California condo quit claim deed.
It was obvious to us that Jennifer was highly knowledgeable in all aspects of living trusts. We had several more contacts with her via email and phone. She was always cordial, had an immediate answer for any questions we had, and never acted as though she was in a hurry or that our call was an inconvenience for her.
In the end, we got everything we needed and wanted and even more. As an example, she put each section of our trust on a PDF document so our entire trust is now computerized for future use. We are very pleased with our relationship with Jennifer and the work she did for us. We will retain her for any future legal matters. We have already recommended her to two of our friends who are considering drawing up a trust or other estate planning. -- Brent & Luanne
We have known Jenny for many years due her being involved with the community. She was outstanding in helping us update our wills and trusts for our estate. I have utilized her knowledge in other matters. She has the experience to get the job done in a timely manner. – an Estate Planning client
Jenny is a Lawyer with a heart! She will fight hard for you and keep you on task and focused during your difficult and emotional time so that you can achieve a favorable outcome. She will handle all obstacles thrown at her with a VERY tenacious yet professional attitude. She is very precise in her approach. I am so happy that I hired her and you will be too! – Dan