Call the Recognized Leaders in
Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Claims
If you have suffered a serious injury or the loss of a loved one due to the negligent actions of a health care professional or facility, you may want to consider filing a medical malpractice claim to seek monetary compensation for the physical and financial hardships you suffer.
We understand the challenges these cases present and are prepared to overcome them. We understand the challenges these cases present and are prepared to overcome them. We handle a wide range of cases involving serious injury and wrongful death. We have vast resources at our disposal, including expert witnesses, to help us present thorough cases for our clients. Our experienced injury attorneys are adept at fighting to reach favorable settlements and have a long track record of successful results, winning settlements and jury awards for our valued clients.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following medical malpractice claims:
- Obstetrical Malpractice
- Birth Injury
- Brain Damaged Babies
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb's Palsy
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer
- Delayed Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
- Misread Mammograms
- Failure to Diagnose
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Surgical Errors
- Wrongful Death
Call Attorney Thomas Valet today at 212-684-1880 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Thomas P. Valet
- New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1987
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. - 1985
- New York University, New York, New York
- B.A. - 1982
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Officer, 2015
- New York State Bar Association, Medical Malpractice Committee, Chair, 2009 - 2012
- Bar Association for the City of New York, Medical Malpractice Committee, Chair
- New York State Bar Association, Trial Lawyer's Section, Executive Committee, Past Chair
- New York State Trial Lawyer's Association (NYSTLA), Board of Directors
- New York State Bar Association, Trial Lawyer's Section, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Chair
- New York State Bar Association, Representative to the National Trial Competition, 2011 - Present
$268 Million Settlement - Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Litigation
Our firm helped lead the litigation while our firm represented hundreds of those affected by the defective leads.
$195 Million Settlement - Guidant Cardiac Defibrillator Litigation
The firm represented hundred of clients with defective internal cardiac defibrillators and helped successfully negotiate a settlement on their behalf
$118 Million Settlement - Medtronic Cardiac Defibrillator Litigation
As part of the Plaintiff's Steering Committee a firm attorney successfully won compensation for thousand implated with recalled defibrillators.
$6.47 Million Verdict - Failure to Diagnose Lymphoma
We tried to verdict a medical malpractice case involving the failure of three chiropractors and physicians to diagnose...
$6.1 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice Case - Hepatitis Infection
Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, Ruffo & Giuffra partner Thomas P. Giuffra won a $6.1 million dollar verdict on Friday April 4, 2014, in a medical malpractice case in New York County. No settlement offers were made prior to the verdict.
$4.194 Million Verdict- Delayed Cancer Diagnosis- Wrongful Death
We recently tried and won a case on behalf of a man's wife. Her husband passed away after a delayed diagnosis of cancer which should have been interpreted from an X-Ray.
$4.1 Million Settlement - Negligent Management of Pregnancy
Tom Valet settled a medical malpractice case on the eve of trial involving the premature birth of our client's child.