Experienced, Knowledgeable and Dedicated to
Helping You Resolve Your Legal Matter
Peterson & Harris has assists clients through stressful and emotional times. The firm's 30 years' experience in family law matters allows them to fully understand your unique situation. Choosing to end your marriage by getting divorced is a difficult but often necessary course of action for many couples. Whether your divorce will be contested or uncontested, you need to seek the reliable counsel. Our ultimate goal is to guide you through your divorce and help you achieve a sustainable outcome.
Individuals who choose to divorce need to address matters such as property division, alimony, child custody, support, and visitation rights. When a couple is unable to come to an agreement, the court will decide these issues. Contested divorces are notorious for being difficult and challenging for both parties. Choosing a divorce lawyer can help you remain level-headed and counsel you so that you can make smart decisions for yourself and your family.
Contact Peterson & Harris today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Child Support
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Property Division
- Visitation Rights
- Parenting Plans
- Pre- and Post-Nuptials
- Family Law
We are dedicated to the amicable resolution of your situation. However, we are also experienced trial attorneys ready to fight for your rights in court. Our firm can help you safeguard your best interests throughout the entirety of your case and stand at your side every step of the way.
Call Attorney Allen Harris today at 678-999-6167 to arrange your free initial consultation. Representing clients in Buckhead, Druid Hills, and throughout the Metro Atlanta area.
Attorney Allen Harris
- Georgia, 1985
Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Cum Laude
- Georgia College, B.A., 1982
Atlanta Bar Association
- Family Law Section
State Bar of Georgia
- Family Law Section
American Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- 2014 AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell's highest legal ability and ethical standard's rating
- 2014 Top Attorneys in Georgia, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2013 Georgia Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- 2013 AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell's highest legal ability and ethical standard's rating
- 2013 Top Attorneys in Georgia, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2013 AVVO Client Choice Award
- 2012 Georgia Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- 2012 AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell's highest legal ability and ethical standard's rating
- 2012 Top Attorneys in Georgia, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2012 AVVO Client Choice Award
- 2011 Georgia Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- 2011 Top Attorneys in Georgia, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2010 Georgia Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- 2010 Top Attorneys in Georgia, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2009 Top Attorneys in Georgia, Super Lawyers Magazine
2008 Top Attorneys in Georgia, Super Lawyers Magazine
My divorce exceeded what is common. After spending $$$$$ on previous attorneys, I found Mr. Harris and he did what I didn't think was possible. He took my stress, made it his own and I exhaled. He's calm, confident and a expert at what he does. Mr. Harris fought for me and I came out on top and I am at peace. I have my life back and I'm grateful for his expertise. I sincerely recommend Allen Harris.
- Flight Attendant/Alpharetta, GA
"I Fully Recommend Jim Peterson"
Jim represented me on two different occasions and on both occasions, I came out better than I had hoped for. He ran circles around the opposing lawyers and gave me a sense of comfort and confidence throughout the process. Jim is very smart and attentive to his client's needs. From the beginning he gave me the feeling that I would win and we did. I fully recommend Jim Peterson.
- Divorce Client
I wholeheartedly recommend Allen Harris. I interviewed a few attorneys to handle my divorce case. What initially impressed me with Mr. Harris was the way he calmly talked me through the process without making grandiose promises. Mr. Harris proved to be someone you could trust, at a time when you are not sure you can trust anyone. His integrity and knowledge of the law is exceptional. He always listened and kept me informed. And while he did not make grandiose promises, he proceeded to get a Settlement Agreement for me that far exceeded any hopes or expectations! I will always be grateful to Mr. Harris for the outstanding way he handled my case, his professionalism, and his compassion.
"Jim Peterson Excellent Domestic Attorney"
I have referred more than 20 domestic law cases to Jim and every client has been extremely happy with his services. He is knowledgeable, can try a case if he needs to, is respected by other lawyers in the domestic law area, and resolves cases for a reasonable cost and without unnecessary expense. I highly recommend him.