Call for Help when Your Elder Relative Has been Injured in a Nursing Home
A nursing home is required to provide its residents with an accident-free environment and should provide a high standard of well-being for its residents. The dignity of residents should be maintained at all times, and residents should be kept free of bed sores or pressure ulcers.
Unfortunately, nursing home facilities do not always provide the level of care and attention that should be expected. In some instances, nursing homes are understaffed, so that they are not able to adequately provide for those in their care. Staff also may not be adequately trained, or they may not provide appropriate care and attention.
When injuries result from inattention, negligence, and poor treatment, our firm is there to provide a voice for the injured.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Elopement and wandering related injuries
- Bed Sores
Call Olsman MacKenzie & Wallace today at 248-591-2300 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Donna M. MacKenzie
- Michigan, 2004
- Wayne State University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Alma College, 2001
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- State Bar of Michigan - Negligence Section
- 2015 and 2016 - Named in Best Lawyers in America in 2015 and 2016
- 2016 - Recognized as Best Lawyers in America as Medical Malpractice “Lawyer of the Year” in Troy
- 2015 - Michigan Leading Lawyers
- 2015 - Michigan Top 100 Super Lawyers
- 2015 Michigan Top 50 Consumer Super Lawyers
- 2014 and 2015 - Michigan Top 50 Women Super Lawyers
- 2014 and 2015 - Michigan Top 25 Women Consumer Super Lawyers
- Pacesetter by the Michigan Association for Justice.
- Executive Board for the Michigan Association for Justice
- Board of Governors for the American Association for Justice
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
Verdicts & Settlements
$525,000 settlement for 72-year-old woman who died as a result of bleeding in her brain that occurred after she suffered 4 falls within 3 days in a nursing home.
$450,000 arbitration award for 88-year-old woman who froze to death outside an unlicensed senior housing complex.
$275,000 settlement for 81-year-old woman who died as a result of a bedsore that she developed in a nursing home.
$250,000 settlement for 92-year-old woman who was dropped from a Hoyer lift at a nursing home, causing a hip fracture and her death.
$375,000 settlement for the family of a 99-year-old nursing home resident who died after she was negligently given her roommates’ diabetes medication.
$2.2 million judgment for a 90-year-old resident who suffered a deadly fall when an adult foster care home failed to provider her with a walker
$125,000 settlement for 90-year-old woman who was neglected and fell after showering, fracturing her hip.
$450,000 settlement against adult foster care for failing to supervise 44-year-old man who choked on a piece of pizza while he was supposed to be receiving tube feedings.
$550,000 settlement for 85-year-old woman who fractured her hip in an fall when an nursing assistant in a memory care unit yanked a towel out of her hands as she was walking in the hallway.
$500,000 settlement for 67-year-old woman who lost her eye in a fall at a nursing home.
$4.4 Million jury verdict for a 59-year-old woman who suffered a stroke as a result of a medication error by her family physician.
350 North Court Street
Lapeer, Michigan 48446
Battle Creek Office