Call the Divorce Law Firm that Cares about Clients' Wellbeing
Marriages fail for a variety of reasons like infidelity, disagreement about finances, constant arguments and a general feeling of unhappiness. Sometimes couples simply grow apart and don't have much left in common.
When a couple decides to separate and divorce, wisdom dictates a consultation with an experienced family law attorney. A good divorce lawyer can explain the law and assist clients in making sound legal decisions.
The law firm of Nolan Byers P.C. encourages the collaborative divorce prcess which solves family law disputes rather than fanning the flames of conflict. Collaborative law allows families to talk through problems in a supportive, cooperative environment in which they can settle such issues as parenting, child support and asset division without the expense of fighting it out in a court of law.
Collaborative law has the benefit of helping former partners create a workable relationship as individuals with separate lives. It also protects the best interests of any children involved.
Contact Nolan Byers P.C. today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Child Support
- Legal Separation
- Nuptial / Domestic Partnership Agreement
Call 205-206-5087 today to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Frances Ross Nolan
- State of Alabama
- U.S. District Court of Alabama, Middle District
Legal Certifications and Specializations:
- Certified Collaborative Lawyer
- Certified Family Law Mediator
Cumberland School of Law at Samford University Student Materials Editor
- Cumberland Law Review,
- cum laude
- San Francisco State University
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Treasurer, Alabama State Bar Dispute Resolution Section
- Cofounder and Board Member, Birmingham Collaborative Alliance
- Member and former chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, Family Law Section, American Bar Association
- Former Advisory Council Member, Dispute Resolution Section, Alabama State Bar Association
- Appointee to Alabama Custodial Laws Revision Task Force
- Appointee to Collaborative Law Act Committee, Alabama Law Institute
- Official Observer, Uniform Law Commission’s Collaborative Law Act Committee
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Practitioners
- Member, Family Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, Alabama State Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, Women Lawyers section, Birmingham Bar Association
- Member, Birmingham Inn of Court
- Member, Horton Inn of Court
- Named by Positive Maturity Magazine as one of it’s Top 50 over 50 (2014)
- Named by B-Metro Magazine as one of Birmingham’s top women attorneys (2015)
- Named by Birmingham Magazine as one of Birmingham’s top family law attorneys (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
- Designated by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star (2011)