A Fresh Start is Only a Phone Call Away
I have concentrated strictly on bankruptcy and consumer law for the past ten years. My job is to ensure not only that you receive your bankruptcy discharge but to enforce your bankruptcy rights and federal bankruptcy order. I will help you to reclaim your financial future.
I will sue creditors on your behalf who contact you while you are awaiting your bankruptcy discharge (11 U.S.C 362). I will sue creditors that contact you after your bankruptcy (11 U.S.C 524) and ensure that credit reporting agencies correctly report your discharged debt (15 U.S.C 1681). You can be assured that years after your discharge, I will be here to enforce and protect your rights.
Contact me today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Adversary Work for Student Loan Discharge
- Consumer Litigation under FDCPA and FCRA
- Mortgage Modifications
- Foreclosure Defense
Call Attorney Michelle Labayen today at 201-241-4915 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Michelle Labayen
- New Jersey
Admitted To The Bar:
- New York Law School, Juris Doctor, 2003
- Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts, 1999
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- New York State Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennyslvania Bar Association
Verdicts & Settlements
- 2011 Federal Case: Zev Abromowitz vs. Equifax Credit Information Experian Information Solutions Inc. EDNY CV 11-3840 JBW-RLM
2011 Successful Settlement FDCPA/FCRA for Bankruptcy Clients
- April 4, 2011 Pinto v. Nationwide Cash Recovery NJ Bankruptcy Court 11-01654
- May 5, 2011 Graney et al v. NCO Portfolio Management et al. NJ Bankruptcy Case 11-01869.
2011-2013 FDCPA/FCRA/Stay Violations for Bankruptcy Clients
- November 5, 2011 Pinto v. TD Bank et al. NJ Bankruptcy Case 11-02419
- November 1, 2011 Hyndman v. Eichenbaum NJ Bankruptcy Case 11-36472
- October 4, 2011 Sookhai v. Forster & Garbus SDNY Bankruptcy Case 09-16080.
- October 2012 Crystal Ramirez v. Robert Wood Johnson Hospital
- December 2012 Carpenter v . Chase Bank
- February 2013 Ennett v. T mobile
2014 (bankruptcy settlement)
- Delsolar v. WFNNB
2013 (Student loan settlements)
- US Dept of Education v. Stephanie Mendoza
- NJHEAA v. Tamara Hope
2013 (mortgage settlements)
- Otero v. JP Morgan Chase Bank
"Michelle is amazing! she seriously gave me a new lease on life. She advised me from every angle from my future planning to how filing a bankruptcy would affect me now. She not only freed me from financial debt but educated me on my rights as a consumer and protected me from the illegal harassment of creditors. She not only does all of the above but credit repair for her clients. All in all Michelle is the way to go if you want freedom from your current debt and also a good financial future."
Chapter 11 Client
"Michelle was a God send. I was recently divorced, recovering from Cancer and trying to save my home. I was at wits end, but she listened to me, through my tears and sniffles, and gave me hope. She discharged all of my debt in a chapter 7, got me a loan modification which reduced my interest from 6.0% to 2% and gave me a $1,000.00 for a settlement from a creditor that was harassing me. She is the real deal. She is hands on, does everything herself and will be there with you before, during and after the bankruptcy."
"Michelle went above and beyond to help me, she is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I would 100% recommend her to anyone and I do. I was referred to her from a friend that was also very happy with her services."
"Michelle's name was given to me by a cousin who left the area. She helped me resolve my financial problems. Great!"
"I got my financial freedom back and i was just because of the hard work and consistency of Michelle. She's such nice woman who devotes herself for the benefits of her clients."