Retain a Lawyer Who Will Protect Your Rights
If you are facing a divorce or other changes in your family you may be feeling scared, confused, unsure of your rights. Attorney Melinda Singer can help you. She is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney.
You need a lawyer who inherently understands what you are going through, can answer all of your questions clearly, can help you feel empowered. Ms. Singer has been handling family law and divorce cases for 27 years. She will zealously fight for your needs, your family's needs and negotiate when necessary to get the best results for you.
She has successfully negotiated hundreds of agreements and have tried dozens of cases to conclusion. She brings a passion, thoroughness, tenacity and devotion to her work. She cares deeply about helping clients through one of the most difficult times in their lives.
Contact Melinda L. Singer, Esq. today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Legal Separation
- Spousal Support
- Divorce Mediation
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Parenting Plans
- Asset Division
- Qualified Domestic Relations Order - QDRO
Call Attorney Melinda Singer today at 201-678-9800 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Melinda L. Singer
- New Jersey
- Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2012
- 1980 Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
- Stony Brook University, New York, M.A., Public Affairs and Policy Analysis
- Summa Cum Laude
- Stony Brook University, New York, B.A., Political Science
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Award for serving as Chair of women's Rights Information Service that provided for volunteer attorneys for women, and ran the program for ten years as a volunteer, Outstanding Service, Women Lawyers of Bergen County. 1998
- Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, Richard S. Semel Award, Pro Bone Award, Bergen County, 1998
Verdicts & Settlements
- Inserra vs. Inserra, 260 N.J. Super 71 (App. Div. 1992)
- Won a counsel fee award of $143,000.00, after a sixteen day Trial to conclusion
- Tried dozens of cases involving issues of divorce, custody, alimony, child support, equitable distribution, domestic violence, child sexual abuse, to verdict
- Resolved hundreds of matrimonial cases via Property Settlement Agreements
- Helped dozens of unmarried clients with dissolution matters including support, children and "out of state" removal cases.
“Melinda Singer, is wonderful, both on a personal level and a professional level. Melinda is extremely knowledgeable and is in constant communication with her clients. She is caring, well educated, experienced and in control. I was extremely impressed with her briefs she wrote, and all the case law she cited in them. She works to get the best solution possible. She will guide you in the right direction and fight your case without any disparaging remarks to her opponent. She is so passionate about the law and truth it comes out in her work and in the courtroom. Money well spent. Proud to know her and would recommend her in a heartbeat.” – Debbie, 08/20/2016