We Create a Strong Defense for Every Client
Call Us Today for the Representation You Can Depend On
At Markert Law, PLLC, our firm provides our clients with highly skilled criminal defense representation that is focused on helping them secure the best possible resolution to their case. Attorney William Markert Jr. spent four years prosecuting hundreds of cases for Rosemount and Hastings as an assistant city attorney. He relies on that experience to offer his clients representation that has a perspective from both sides of the courtroom.
We understand the difficult situation people are in when they come to us. We offer nonjudgmental criminal defense that is focused on providing results, not lecturing our clients. Attorney William Markert Jr. served in Iraq with the U.S. Army. On returning from duty, William completed law school and began serving as an assistant city attorney for Rosemount and Hastings for four years. During that time he helped prosecute hundreds of misdemeanors and gross misdemeanors. That experience is crucial to the representation he provides to people now.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Terroristic Threats
- Domestic Assault
- Drug Charges
- Sex Crimes/Internet Crimes
- Probation Violations
Putting forward a strong defense now is the best way to ensure you do not have to live with years of regret and serious consequences. We are there for you when you need us. Call 651-376-1400 today to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney William J. Markert Jr.
- Minnesota, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2009
- Prairie Island Indian Community Tribal Court, 2010
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2008
- Marquette University, B.S., 1999
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Minnesota Bar Association, Member, 2008 - 2014
- Dakota County Bar Association, Member, 2012 - 2014
- Criminal Vehicular Operation (CVO) - CVO dismissed. State v. C.H.
- Domestic Assault - Through William Markert's persistence, charges were amended to Disorderly Conduct. State v. B.G.
- 3rd Degree DWI and Underage Consumption - Implied Consent License Revocation Rescinded and 3rd Degree DWI dismissed. State v. M.G.
- Felony Strangulation and Domestic Assault - Case dismissed. State v. W.B.
- Domestic Assault - Case amended to disorderly conduct. State v. Z.B.
- DWI-Test Refusal - Test Refusal Driver's License Revocation Rescinded. Client got driver's license back without a one- year license revocation. E.K. v. Commissioner of Public Safety.
- 4th Degree DWI - Case resolved with amended charge of Careless Driving. State v. C.R.
- 3rd Degree Damage to Property (Gross Misdemeanor) - Case reduced to petty misdemeanor offense (non criminal). State v. E.H.
- Third lifetime DWI - Client received probation without any jail. State v. M.S.