Protecting and Defending the Rights of Alaskans Since 1988
A criminal conviction can change a life forever. It can tarnish or destroy professional opportunities, personal relationships or a career. If you are faced with a serious criminal charge, you need more than a commonplace criminal defense lawyer. Serious charges demand a serious defense.
At the Law Offices of Robert Herz, P.C., we have been protecting and defending the rights of Alaskans since 1988 and have the experience and intimate knowledge of Alaska's state and federal criminal justice system. We focus strictly on criminal defense. The common factors are that each of our clients is facing a serious charge — and our belief that every one of our clients deserves a vigorous criminal defense.
Not all criminal defense lawyers are licensed to practice in federal court. Attorney Robert M. Herz is not only licensed, but also experienced and that experience can be critical. In federal court, the prosecutors tend to be better and the cases tend to be investigated more thoroughly by law enforcement, and the penalties imposed at sentencing are harsher.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Federal White Collar Crimes
- Federal Drug Crimes
- Asset Forfeiture
- Fish & Game Guiding Violations
- Violent Crimes
- Murder And Manslaughter
- Domestic Violence Assault
- Drug Charges and Marijuana Growing
- Gun Charges
- Burglary and Theft
- Juvenile Crimes/School Disciplinary Proceedings
If you have been charged with a crime or are under investigation, we can help you.
Call 866-265-9697 today to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Robert M. Herz
- Alaska, 1987
- Colorado, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of Alaska, 1987
University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon
- J.D. - May, 1986
University of California, Davis, California, USA
- B.S. with Honors - March, 1981
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Alaska Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member
- Alaska Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Founding Member
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Member
- Alaska Supreme Court Criminal Rules Advisory Committee
- United States District Court Criminal Justice Act Advisory Committee for the District of Alaska
"From your introductory and inquisitive phone call to the final negotiated results, I was very impressed by your dedication to representing us effectively. In 29 years of doing direct action (civil disobedience) I can't recall having had a better attorney."
"Thank you for your wise counsel. Keeping my "eye on the ball" was something I had lost perspective on. I am sleeping better at last thanks to your help."
"I never really thanked you for all you've done for me. I really appreciate the work you put in. I couldn't have asked for a better attorney. Because of your help I will return to my children & husband in a years time. I think God every day, it could have been so much worse. Thank you from the bottom of my heart."