Call To Talk To A Committed Employment Attorney
As a skilled Berkeley Employment Lawyer with 17 years of experience in both corporate and private practice, I am well-equipped to handle a wide range of employment law issues. My practice emphasizes representation of employees but I also advise and represent large and small employers.
I am a responsible, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, thorough and competitive attorney with successful experience trying and resolving complex and difficult employment and related insurance and business matters. My goal at all times is to obtain the best result for my client.
As a respected Berkeley Employment Lawyer, my focus includes:
I have been a sole practitioner for 17 years, emphasizing employment law. Depending on the matter, I sometimes will associate with other skilled attorneys (with the express permission of my client) in appropriate cases. I attempt to resolve disputes short of litigation -- that is trying the case -- in most instances because that is best for my client.
I always put my client's interest first and will discuss all options before resorting to a lawsuit. However, when a lawsuit is the best or only option, I file and pursue it aggressively. Even when a lawsuit is pending, and while I am pursuing it, I will make attempts to settle it on terms favorable to my client. To that end, although aggressive, I will be polite and civil to opposing counsel and respectful of the court.
I also advise a number of employers on the law. I have a background in insurance, and do represent clients on insurance matters, especially where insurance coverage is tied in to an employment case.
I strongly believe in public service, and to that end spend time contributing to organizations dedicated to improving the practice of law, such as serving on the Executive Committee of the State Bar of California Labor and Employment Section. I also perform service to the local courts by serving as an unpaid Judge Pro Tem and as an assigned arbitrator.
I have experience both in a small law office, and in a corporate setting. I served 15 years in the Corporate Litigation Section of Fireman's Fund Insurance Company where I was a corporate officer. I did much of their employment and other litigation during that time. As a result, although representing employees, I know how large employers operate. I also know the importance of involving insurance coverage wherever possible in resolving employment disputes.
If you or someone you know in California needs the assistance of an experienced Berkeley Employment Lawyer, call Attorney Paul Glusman today at 510-340-9303, or complete the contact form provided on this site to schedule your free consultation.
Attorney Paul Glusman
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1972
- Golden Gate University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- All California state and federal courts, including 9th Circuit Court of Appeal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Executive Committee, State Bar of California Labor and Employment Section and Co-Chair of its 2007 Annual Conference
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Berkeley-Albany Bar Association
- Judge Pro Tem, Alameda County Small Claims Court
- Assigned arbitrator, Marin County Superior Court
- Speaker on numerous panels on employment law issues such as Free Speech in the Workplace (BASF 2007); Insurance Issues in Employment Law (CELA 2005); Summary Judgments in Employment Law (BASF 2003); Discovery issues in Employment Law (CELA 2004 and 2005.)
Verdicts and Settlements
- $340,000 award in arbitration for executive fired from tech company.
- Defense verdict representing employer in ostensible whistleblower case.
Confidential six-figure settlement for manager terminated because of receiving treatment for cancer.
- Confidential seven-figure settlement against law firm for malpractice in defense of employment case.