Call for Your Free 10-Minute Consultation and
To Schedule an In-Person Appointment
I am a solo practitioner who, for more than ten years, has offered caring yet aggressive legal services for immigrants and their families in Central and Northern California. I am a native Spanish speaker who immigrated from Chile in the late 70's. I have been practicing immigration law since 1997. I started my career at Catholic Charities Immigration Program in San Jose, California and opened my own office in San Francisco in 2001. Since then I have expanded and have an office in Oakland and Watsonville California.
I understand that the immigration process can be overwhelming and fraught with uncertainty. While at Boalt Hall school of law in UC Berkeley I studied an approach to law known as client centered lawyering, which requires that the attorney uncover the client's values, goals and objectives that go beyond the specific legal problem. In my practice I endeavor to incorporate this information into my advocacy on behalf of the client. In addition to zealous representation, I ensure that my clients understand the nature of the process in general as well as the specific requirements in order to make them active participants in their own defense.
I concentrate my practice on the following areas:
- Immigration Law Deportation defense including Cancellation of Removal for undocumented persons and Lawful Permanent Residents
- Family based immigration, including visa petitions, adjustment of status, and consular processing
- Petitions and applications under the VAWA (Violence Against Women Act), including self-petitions, U visa, Battered Alien Cancellation of Removal
- Immigration bond proceedings
- Appeals at all levels including Board of Immigration Appeals and Federal Court
Defending Immigrants From Injustice for Over A Decade
I have a a long and steady history of providing creative solutions to complicated immigration situations that includes the following:
- Defense from removal in Immigration Courts in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Seattle
- Family immigration, including Adjustment of States, Visa Petitions and Consular Processing
- Asylum and withholding of removal
- Cases where individuals are detained or have suffered prior convictions
- Appellate Law
- Renewal of Lawful Permanent Residency status
- Violence Against Women Act, including self-petitions and U visas
The Immigration Court process is fundamentally a fair procedural framework. If you are involved in immigration process you have a statutory right to hire counsel of your choice and present evidence on your behalf. Attorney Jorge Rodriguez-Choi can confidently take your case with the personal attention and service that it deserves. The office is bilingual and offers flexible payment options.
Selecting an Experienced Lawyer To Make Your Case Is The Only Option
When an undocumented immigrant is arrested for a crime, deportation proceedings soon follow. Attorney Rodriguez-Choi has the experience and knowledge to properly present the case in court to keep the client in the United States. Lawyers with no deportation defense experience may hurt a client's case more than help it.
Jorge Rodriguez-Choi goes immediately into action for deportation defense clients. He pursues bond proceedings to allow the client to remain free while awaiting trial, if possible. He organizes evidence and prepares the case for trial, knowing that each judge and courthouse has its own set of unique procedures for presenting evidence in the best possible light. San Francisco immigration lawyer Rodriguez-Choi selects the defense that best suits the client's situation, cancellation of removal the most common defense.
If you are an alien living illegally in the United States and are a victim of violence, certain extreme emotional abuse, or criminal activity, you may have recourse. Attorney Jorge Rodriguez-Choi is passionate about helping you protect your rights and can help you understand immigration laws in San Francisco. My extensive knowledge and experience in effectively resolving immigration issues makes me strong advocate for non-citizen victims of crimes.
Call the Law Office of Jorge Rodriguez-Choi today at 415-748-5111 or 510-470-7214, or complete the contact form provided on this site to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Jorge Rodriguez-Choi
Admitted To The Bar:
- January 15, 1997
- University of California School of Law (Boalt Hall), J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A.
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association: AILA
- American Bar Association: ABA
- National Immigration Project
San Francisco Office
555 California Street, Suite 4925
Hours: M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm
After 6pm and Saturday Hours
Available by Appointment
View Larger Map View Larger Map
1440 Broadway #811
View Larger Map