Call An Experienced Attorney For Estate Planning and Elder Law Matters
We believe in the value of relationships. We view every client relationship like a partnership, and truly believe that our success is a result of your success. We are committed to providing close, personal attention to our clients. We take pride in giving you the assurance that the personal assistance you receive comes from years of advanced training, technical experience, financial and legal acumen.
Our continual investment of time and resources in professional continuing education, state-of-the-art computer technology and extensive business relationships is indicative of our commitment to excellence.
David W. Olsen has been practicing law in New York since 1991. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) from Stony Brook University, his Law Degree (JD) from Touro Law Center, and his Post Doctoral Masters in Taxation (LL.M.) from Georgetown University Law Center. Mr. Olsen is a member of Who’s Who Among American Lawyers, Sterling Who’s Who, International Who’s Who of Professionals, and Cambridge Who’s Who Life Member. He has published articles in the Journal of the Suffolk Academy of Law on Tax and Estate Planning subjects and has been a frequent lecturer to the general public and professionals such as CPAs, Lawyers, Financial Consultants. Mr. Olsen’s practice has specialized in the following areas for 20 years:
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Probate and Administration
- Estate and Trust Administration
Additional Areas of Experise:
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Estate Tax Planning
- Estate and Trust Litigation
Will and Trust Contest
Breech of Fiduciary Duty
Spousal Right of Election
Protection of Beneficiary Rights
Will and Trust Construction
- Medicaid Trust Planning
- Guardianship Proceedings
- Wrongful Death Proceedings/Actions
- Power of Attorney/Health Care Proxies
- Business Succession Planning
- Long Term Care Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Real Estate
Assist Executors and Trustees in the proper administration of the Estate or Trust, including all legal Accounting and tax related issues with regard to estate and trust administration, including preparation of all necessary tax returns.
Call David Olsen today at 631-204-8340, or complete the contact form provided on this site to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney David W. Olsen, Esq.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- State University of New York at Stony Brook – BS 1985
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, JD 1990 (class standing: Top 10 – 15%)
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. 1991 (class standing: Top 10 – 15%)
Admitted To The Bar:
- New York – 1991
- Connecticut – 1990
- District of Columbia - 1991
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
American Bar Association (Real Property Trust & Probate Sections), New York State Bar Association (Trusts & Estates, Elder Law Sections), Suffolk County Bar Association (Suffolk County Committee on Taxation, Suffolk County Committee on Surrogate's Court Practice, Suffolk County Committee on Elder Law, Past Editor in Chief of the Journal of the Suffolk Academy of Law), Who's Who Among American Lawyers, Sterling Who's Who, International Who's Who of Professionals, Cambridge Who’s Who Life Member.
- SO...WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST; GRITs, GRATs OR GRUTs? - Congress Changes the Rules for Grantor Retained Interest Trusts. JOURNAL OF THE SUFFOLK ACADEMY OF LAW, Volume 7
- GRITs: NOT JUST FOR BREAKFAST ANYMORE - Grantor Retained Income Trusts Saved From the Meltdown of Estate Valuation Freezes. JOURNAL OF THE SUFFOLK ACADEMY OF LAW, Volume 6
Legislative Update, Suffolk County Local Laws: 1988.
JOURNAL OF THE SUFFOLK ACADEMY OF LAW, Volume 6
Legislative Update, Suffolk County Local Laws: 1987.
JOURNAL OF THE SUFFOLK ACADEMY OF LAW, Volume 5