Call for Legal Assistance with Your Employment Problem
Barbara J. Bell graduated from the John Marshall Law School in 2008 after working more than 20 years as a journalist. She reported for daily and weekly newspapers, including the Chicago Tribune and Pioneer Press. Her work in journalism focused on police, crime, the judicial system and education.
Barbara J. Bell brings tenacity, diligence and honesty to the practice of law. She enjoys solving complex legal problems and is not afraid to be candid with her clients.
Her experience as a journalist makes her a good listener and an effective communicator. Like her mentor, Stanley Jakala, Ms. Bell is a tenacious advocate for her clients.
In 2009, Barbara began working for Stanley H. Jakala, a Berwyn, Illinois attorney, well-known for his representation of police officers and firefighters in their efforts to secure disability pensions and other related pension matters. Barbara’s knowledge of local government made her a natural fit for this area of the law.
Contact the Law Offices of Barbara J. Bell today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
Public pensions for individuals;
Public Safety Employee Benefit Act, commonly known as PSEBA;
- Estate planning;
- Orders of protection;
- Condominium board matters;
- Small claims
Call Attorney Barbara Bell today at 847-367-4253 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Barbara J. Bell
- Illinois, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court
- John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor, 2008
- Northwestern University, master of science, journalism
- Indiana University, bachelor of arts, journalism
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Illinois State Bar Association; member of Administrative Law Section
- Chicago Bar Association
- Smith v. Westchester; 405 Ill. App.3d 626 (1st Dist. 2010)
- Pompa v. Swanson, 2013 IL App. (2d) 120911
- Majid v. Retirement Board of the Policemen’s Annuity & Benefit Fund of the City of Chicago, et al., 2015 IL App. (1st) 132182.