Highest Caliber Experience
After a decade working for a large firm on the most sophisticated family law cases throughout Northern California and additional years with the court and private practice, I have the depth of knowledge and experience necessary to expertly handle any family law issue that may arise for my clients. Now I am able to complement my expertise in complex matters with the flexibility to provide more efficient and accessible services in my solo practice.
A Unique Solo Practice. My style of family law practice is unique, as I am…
- Efficient – I focus on solutions that save time and money.
- Effective – I am equally adept at negotiation and litigation.
- Communicative – I listen carefully and stay in close touch.
- Flexible – I am budget-concious, and offer full, limited or consultation services.
- Collaborative – I work to reduce conflict and enhance the environment for settlement.
- Compassionate – I have real life experience as a divorced single parent of minor children.
- Savvy – I know business and finance, and how to solve crises relating to them during divorce.
- Accessible – I am usually reachable 24/7/365 by mobile phone, and offer evening appointments.
Contact the Law Office of Linda D. States today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
Financial Issue Focus. For over 17 years, 100% of my practice has been devoted to solving personal and business issues arising in divorce, legal separation and custody/parentage matters, as well as prenuptial, cohabitation and joint asset separation planning. Skilled at solving the most complex financial issues, I bring essential expertise to substantial asset matters, that can be instrumental in efficiently resolving smaller scale matters as well. Frequently arising issues in my practice include:
- Complex community property division
- Establishing or modifying child and/or spousal support (or arrears)
- Business valuation and income-available determination
- Underemployment, vocational evaluation and income imputation
- Community and separate property characterization and separate property tracing
- Marital retirement benefits and domestic relations orders/QDROs
- Family business management disputes relating to divorce
- Establishing and modifying child custody and parenting time/visitation
- Custody mediation and/or evaluation with county or private CCRCs
- Move-away and other custody litigation
- Custom prenuptial/premarital, postnuptial/postmarital and cohabitation agreements
Call 916-633-2157 today to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Linda Diane States
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1994
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.,1989
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Placer County Bar Association
- Placer County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento
- Rotary Club
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Family Law Section
Top Lawyers (Family Law), Sacramento Magazine, 2015 & 2016
- Placer County Bar Association
- Principal/Owner - Law Office of Linda D. States, 2015-Present
- Family Law Attorney - Downey Brand LLP, 2005-2015
- Assistant Family Law Facilitator/Research Attorney - Sacramento Co. Superior Court, 1998-2000
- Principal/Owner - Law Office of Linda D. States, 1995-1998
- WEAVE pro bono attorney, 2016
- Habitat for Humanity volunteer, 2016
- VLSP Lawyers in the Library legal clinic volunteer, 2015
- Court Appointed Special Advocates Board member and officer, 2014-2016
- McClatchy High School Law & Public Policy Academy mentor, 2014-2015