Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer Dedicated to Clients Rights
A personal injury claim assigns responsibility to an individual, group or business (defendant) for causing injury to a victim (plaintiff). Personal injury litigation seeks to provide monetary relief (damages) to the plaintiff and thereby deter the defendant from harming others.
Personal injury victims often suffer physical pain, mental trauma, and lost wages that may be permanent and life changing. The physical injuries can include disfigurement, loss of limb, scars, disability, and the loss of sense perception. Mental harm often includes emotional trauma, mental anguish, loss of love and affection, and loss of enjoyment.
To prevail on a personal injury claim, you need only to prove that a majority of the evidence (preponderance) shows that an injury was caused by the defendant’s negligent actions. The preponderance standard of proof is significantly lower than the reasonable doubt standard required in criminal cases. For this reason, even if a defendant is acquitted of criminal charges, he could still be found liable for personal injuries caused by the same conduct.
Contact the Law Office of Carlo Rolando today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective medical products and devices
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous/defective products
- Spinal cord injuries
- Dangerous property conditions
- Animal attacks
- Burn injuries
- Brain injuries
- Product liability (e.g., defect in either manufacturing or design of product; failure to warn)
- Toxic torts – including chemicals & cosmetics, hazardous waste, pesticides, radiation and electromagnetic energy
- Wrongful death
Call Attorney Carlo Rolando today at 510-244-2153 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Carlo A Rolando
- California, 2010
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2009
- St Mary's College of California, Philosophy, B.A., 2004
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- State Bar of California
- San Mateo County Bar Association Membership Committee, Member, 2012 - 2013
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Criminal Justice Committee, Vice-Chair