Call for an Experienced Accident & Injury Attorney Today!
As a skilled and compassionate Southern California personal injury attorney with more than 35 years experience, I understand that suffering from a personal injury is a devastating event. Injured parties may be left facing mounting medical bills, unable to work, and in pain. Having an experienced personal injury attorney on your side can make a big difference in the outcome of your case. I am a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy Certified Trial Specialist.
I have handled thousands of personal injury cases and have recovered millions of dollars for my clients. Regardless of the type of legal representation you need, my firm possesses the experience, resources, and legal skills to successfully litigate your case. Let us put our experience to work for you.
Contact me today if you need assistance with any of the following legal matters:
- Automobile Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Loss of Smell and Taste
- Common Carrier Accidents
- Loss of Hearing
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Elder Abuse
- Lumbar and Cervical Fusions
- Closed Head Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Watercraft Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Wrongful Death
At the Law Firm of Rivers J. Morrell III, located in Orange County, Riverside, and Irvine, we service all of Southern California and specialize in civil litigation, representing defendants as well as plaintiffs. The fact that we have represented both sides in litigation gives my firm a more diverse, insightful, and accurate perspective of litigation -- valuable experience we are prepared to put to work in your case.
For over three decades, my firm has been providing honest, competent, and steadfast legal guidance to our clients, and we will not rest until you receive the compensation and justice you are entitled to.
If you or someone you know needs the skilled representation of an experienced Southern California Personal Injury Lawyer, call Rivers J. Morrell, III today at 949-579-2487, or complete the contact form provided on this site to schedule a free consultation. For more information visit rjmlawfirm.com.
Attorney Rivers J. Morrell, III
- California, 1974
Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of
Trial Advocacy Certified Trial Specialist
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California, J.D. - 1974
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, B.S. - 1970, Major: Economics
Professional Memberships and Achievements
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member, 1989 - Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Elite Lawyers of America, Lifetime Member
- Orange County Superior Court, Arbitrator, 1995 - Present
- Orange County, Mediator
- Los Angeles County, Mediator
- Riverside County, Mediator
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Faculty Member
- Super Lawyer, Southern California, Selected 5 years as Southern California Super Lawyer, January 1, 2007 - Present
- Silver Member, Elite Lawyers of America, 2007 - 2011
- Southern California "Super Lawyer", 5 years in a row, 2007 - 2010
- "One of the top 3000 Attorneys", by Law Dragon
- Best's Directory of Recommended Attorneys
- Judge Pro Tem, Orange County
- AV Rated "Martindale-Hubbell", 1993 - 2010
- Life Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Life Member, Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Global Directory of Who's Who , 2010
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, 1989 - 2010
Verdicts & Settlements
Over the last three decades, The Law Office of Rivers J. Morrell III has successfully represented numerous cases representing the plaintiff and defendants. Representing both the plaintiff and the defendant brings tremendous insight into winning cases for our clients. Here is a short history of some of the law firm’s noteworthy civil litigation successes, verdicts and settlements.
When representing the plaintiffs:
- Handled the first private party hazardous waste clean up case in the State of California, and recovered approximately $4 million from the United States Government, under the then newly enacted CERCLA statute.
- Recovered over $1 million dollars on behalf of an adult Vietnamese family whose father, an accomplished swimmer, drowned in a public swimming pool.
- Recovered close to $2 million on behalf of a Hispanic female who was injured as a result of a dangerous road design, against a public entity.
- Recovered just under $1 million dollars for an individual who slipped on a ramp and injured his knee.
- Recovered just under $1 million dollars in a fire case where the defendants offered nothing until just before the trial.
This is just a small sample of the results obtained when Mr. Morrell represented the plaintiff or injured party. There are many more personal injury settlements.
When representing the defendants:
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, a bartender, in a bar fight where the customer/plaintiff was very seriously injured.
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client who was sued by a passenger in his vehicle, when his client rear ended another vehicle, and the passenger/plaintiff received a fractured hip (tried in downtown Los Angeles).
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client who struck a pedestrian, and the pedestrian received a fracture of the spine.
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, who rear ended the plaintiff's vehicle, and the plaintiff had neck surgery.
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, a local City, when the plaintiff ran off the road, and lost the lower use of both legs.
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, a truck driver, when he ran over a pedestrian, and the pedestrian lost the lower portion of one leg (tried in downtown Los Angeles).
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, when a passenger in the other vehicle died, (tried in downtown Los Angeles).
- Obtained a verdict of $751 for his defendant/client, when his client rear ended the plaintiff, and the plaintiff had back surgery (tried in downtown Los Angeles).
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, a truck driver, when this client backed up into another truck injuring the passenger, against a $200,000 offer.
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, a dialysis patient transporter, when his van stuck a pedestrian, when leaving the dialysis clinic, and the pedestrian/plaintiff fractured his hip (tried in downtown Los Angeles).
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, when his client sideswiped a vehicle and the plaintiff had neck surgery at two levels.
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client who rear-ended the plaintiff (admitted negligence), and the plaintiff had neck surgery, and had been out of work for three years.
- Obtained a defense verdict for his client, when his client lost control of his vehicle, and hit the plaintiffs head on in their lane.
Mr. Morrell has also obtained a defense verdict for clients in numerous rear end accidents, wherein his client rear ended the plaintiff's vehicle.
The total pre trial settlement demands made by the plaintiff on the cases that went to trial totaled approximately $5.5 million. The verdicts, where a defense verdict was not obtained, totaled approximately $450,000.