Those with Complex Marital Estates, Need an
Attorney who Knows how to Help Protect your Assets. Call Today
When you are going through a family law matter, it’s important to be represented by an experienced, knowledgeable attorney who will protect your legal rights. If you are facing an appearance in a family court, or if you need help in understanding the complex laws in Maryland or the District of Columbia, contact Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A., today and talk with a skilled family law attorney. The firm offers a confidential consultation.
Contact Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A., today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
Call 301-200-8910 today to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Jeffrey N. Greenblatt
Attorney Jeffrey N. Greenblatt is a widely respected family law attorney located in Rockville, Maryland. He handles all types of family law cases with a focus on complex divorce, asset valuation and complex property division. He handles custody, international custody and visitation, retirement and pension division orders, and post-divorce modifications. Other family law issues Mr. Greenblatt handles include prenuptial agreements, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, and domestic violence.
Known for his passion for representing the "underdog" in family law cases, Mr. Greenblatt has received several awards for his work. He has earned the highest rating available (AV) to attorneys from Martindale Hubbell and was named and profiled as one of the Top Divorce Attorneys by Bethesda Magazine in May 2010, and again in 2013. He has been selected by his peers, each year, including 2013 for inclusion in Maryland Super Lawyers, as well as the 2011, 2012 and 2014 editions of The Best Lawyers in America by Woodward/White. He received a top ten ranking from the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in 2014. His success has led him to be named one of the top 25 divorce attorneys in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
Mr. Greenblatt is a renowned leader in his community's legal field. He has held several leadership positions with the Montgomery County and Maryland State bar associations. He was appointed by Maryland's Governor to the Foster Care Review Board from 1984 to 1986. He also served on the Governor's committee on Inequities and Disparities of Divorce from 1991 to 1993. He is a past chairman of the Montgomery County Family Law section of the Bar Association. He is a well-known teacher, lecturer and author on family law issues. He had presented, annually, the Family Law Update to the Montgomery County Bar Association starting in 1988.
- District of Columbia
Admitted To The Bar:
- Maryland, 1973
- District of Columbia, 1974
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D. , 1973
- Syracuse University, B.S. 1969
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Montgomery County Subcommittee for the Task Force on Spousal Abuse, 1981 - 1982
- Montgomery County Property & Alimony Committee, 1979 - 1980
- Governor's Committee on Inequities and Disparities of Divorce, 1991 - 1993
- Montgomery County, Judicial Section Committee
- Montgomery County Family Law Section, 1973 - Present
- Maryland Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- AV rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2011 to present
- Named Top Divorce Attorney by Bethesda Magazine, May 2010 and 2013 Top Divorce Attorney, Washingtonian Magazine
- Featured in the May 2010 and 2013 issues of Bethesda magazine and was named One of the Top 25 Divorce Attorneys in the Metropolitan D.C. area.
- Featured in the 2011-2014 editions of The Best Lawyers in America
- Selected to serve as a Member of the Montgomery County Bar Leaders, 2008 - present
- Named one of The Best Lawyers in America, 2011-2014
- Governor's Appointee to Foster Care Review Board, 1984-1986
- Named, Top Divorce Attorney, Metropolitan Area by Washingtonian Magazine
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Mentor pro bono attorneys over the last 20 years and recognized by the Montgomery County Bar Association, 1990
- Served on the Governor’s Committee on Inequities and Disparities in Divorce
- Appointed to the Foster Care Review Board
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Taught annual Family Law Update for the Bar Association for the past 20 years. All case reviews are contained in a book which I author and a copy is provided to participants as well as to all Judges and Masters for the Circuit Courts of Montgomery, Prince George's and Frederick counties., Lecturer, Montgomery County Bar Association, 1988
- Lecturer, Prince George's-Montgomery County Continuing Education Institute, 1976- 1980
- Lecturer, Montgomery County Bar Association
Lecturer in all areas of Family Law for Maryland State Bar Association
- Karmand v. Karmand, 145 Md. App. 317; 802 A.2d 1106, 2002
- Guarino v. Guarino, 112 Md. App. 1; 684 A.2d 23, 1996
- Jordan v. Jordan, 50 Md. App. 437; 439 A.2d 26, 1982
- Glading v. Furman, 282 Md. 200; 383 A.2d 398, 1978
- Altman v. Altman, 282 Md. 483; 386 A.2d 766, 1978
- Halle v. Halle, 25 Md. App. 350; 333 A.2d 360, 1975
Birdsall v. Birdsall, 23 Md. App. 502; 327 A.2d 910, 1974