Call Now to Protect Your Rights in Serious Criminal Defense Cases
When you are investigated, accused, charged with or arrested for commiting a crime, you need aggressive representation. Attorney James Porfido focuses on protecting the rights of every client he represents and provides results-driven, strategic advocacy.
His experience allows him to begin with listening carefully to every clients' story. He conducts an independent investigation, interviews witnesses and can if required call in forensic experts.
With a wide-ranging understanding of the legal system, and personal knowledge about the participants in local municipal and state courts, he can effectively protect your rights and interests in any criminal case.
Contact Mr. Porfido today if you need legal assistance with any criminal defense matter including:
Attorney James M. Porfido has extensive experience in representing adults and juveniles, he applies the full force of his 20 years of experience to achieving a favorable outcome. He is an experienced negotiator and a skilled trial attorney.
He has been Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey in Criminal Trial Law since 1995 and recertified in 2002. Previously he served as Assistant Morris County Prosecutor from 1989-1997. He was the Chief Prosecutor of the Vehicular Homicide and Assault by Auto Unit as well as the Chief of Sex Crimes and Child Abuse Unit.
Call Attorney James Porfido today at 973-826-2610 to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney James M. Porfido
- New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1989
- Criminal Trial Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1995
- Criminal Trial Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2002 (Recertification)
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut, J.D. - 1988
- Seton Hall University, Newark, New Jersey, B.A., Political Science - 1985
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Borough of Mountain Lakes, Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, Municipal Public Defender, 2001 - Present
- Township of Denville, New Jersey, Municipal Public Defender, 2001 - Present
- Morris County Bar Association (MCBA), Member
- New Jersey Bar Association (NJBA), Member
- Animal Legal Defense, Attorney Member
- New Jersey Bar Association (NJBA), Criminal Law Section, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association (NJBA), Sports and Entertainment Law Sections, Member
- National Italian American Bar Association (NIABA), Member
- New Jersey Certified Criminal Trial Attorney Association (NJCCTA), Member, 1995 - Present
- National District Attorneys Association (NDAA), Member, 1989 - 1997
- Teresa G. Wright Promise Foundation, Member, Board of Directors
- English (Primary)