Delivering Excellence in Business Litigation and Transactions
The legal and regulatory challenges faced by Texas employers have never been more complex or intensive. The ongoing viability of your business may well depend on your diligence in complying with an array of detailed federal and state labor laws. It is vital to establish employment policies and practices that protect your company from costly litigation and support your position when disputes arise.
Whether you are an entrepreneur launching a startup venture or a long-standing business owner with diverse concerns involving employees, a contract or a government agency audit, there is no substitute for highly experienced, knowledgeable legal counsel.
Applying more than 36 years of experience across the spectrum of Texas employment and business law, I help my business clients implement effective policies and systems, make sound decisions and resolve legal problems as productively and cost-effectively as possible. In many cases, we build lasting relationships to effectively answer all emerging legal needs as our clients’ businesses grow and evolve.
Contact the Clark Firm PLLC today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Labor & employment matters
- Business formation & contracts
- Purchase & sale of businesses
- Non-competition agreements & enforcement
- Joint venture & partnership agreements
- Employment contracts, manuals & policies & procedures
- Executive agreements, compensation and benefits
- DOL & TWC inspections & audits
- Wills, POAs & Probate
Call the Clark Firm PLLC today at 214-890-4066 to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Steven E. Clark
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1980
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Federal Circuit
University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. – 1977
- Member, Order of the Barons, Top 10%
- Graduated With Honors
University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- B.A. – 1974
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics & History
- Published Works
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- State Bar Texas, Member, 1978 – present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1978 – present
- U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, Staff Attorney, 1978 – 1980
- Texas Super Lawyer, Labor & Employment, 2011 – present
- AV-rated, Martindale Hubbell, 1988-present
- Texas Super Lawyer in Labor & Employment, 2011 – present
- AV-rated attorney, Martindale Hubbell, 1990 – present
- Order of the Barons (Law School Honor Society) (Top 10%)
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Pi Kappa Alpha
Verdicts & Settlements
- Bidiwala v. Fiedler, 2013 Tex.App.LEXIS 9620 (Tex.App.-Dallas 2013, no pet.) (affirmed denial of summary judgment seeking dismissal of physician assault claim)
- Hose Tech v. Pirtek USA, (Ft. Worth state district court Sept. 2011) (successful defense of franchisor on claims for misappropriation of trade secrets and tortious interference)
- Watson v. DISD, (Dallas district court-Sept. 2011) (Jury verdict on Texas whistleblower action, including award of $400,000 in attorneys’ fees)
- Pizza Inn v. Adeniregun, (N.D.Tex. – June 2010) (Jury verdict on counterclaim for retaliation in termination of franchise agreement by franchisor; successful defense against Lanham Act claim)
- Digital Filing Systems v. Mims, (E.D. Tex. – May 2009) (Successfully defended client against copyright infringement claims; won counterclaim against plaintiff for tortious interference with business relations & awarded $375,000.00 including attorneys’ fees).
- Cooper v. Cochran, 288 S.W.3d 522 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2009, no pet.) (Imposed constructive trust on real property in complex proceeding to set aside transfers of property in addition to award of $75,000.00 in attorney fees).
- Walker v. Anderson, 232 S.W.3d 899 (Tex.App.-Dallas 2007, no pet.) ($150,000.00 award for fraudulent transfer of assets claim brought by homeowner against builder).
- Flatrolled Steel, Inc. v. Jones, 2005Tex. App. Lexis 4582 (Tex.App.-Dallas 2005, no pet.) (Successful defense of all claims; jury awarded counterclaim of approximately $60,000.00 for unpaid commissions and attorneys’ fees).