Call for Knowledgeable Workers Compensation Representation
Chain | Cohn | Stiles is Kern County’s leading plaintiffs’ personal injury law firm, representing injured clients from all over the San Joaquin Valley and throughout California for more than 80 years. We concentrate our efforts on protecting the rights of individuals who have been seriously injured due to the negligent, reckless or intentional conduct of another. Our firm specializes in the areas of motor vehicle accidents, police misconduct, construction accidents, oilfield accidents, agriculture accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability and wrongful termination. Over the years, our attorneys have obtained more multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients than any other law firm in Kern County. In fact, in 80 years, our law firm has obtained more than half a billion dollars for our clients. And in the last two years, Chain | Cohn | Stiles was voted “Best Law Firm” in The Bakersfield Californian Readers’ Choice Poll. We have the experience necessary to help you obtain the justice you deserve.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Police Misconduct
- Elder Abuse / Neglect
- Medical Malpractice
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Oilfield Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Dog Bite Cases
- Slip and Falls
- Agriculture Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Electrical Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Legal Malpractice
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Bus Accidents
- Train Accidents
Serving Bakersfield, Kern County, Delano, Taft, McFarland, Shafter, Tehachapi, Ridgecrest, Visalia, Hanford, Arvin, Lamont, Wasco, Lake Isabella, Rosamond, Frazier Park, Tulare, Maricopa and Lancaster.
Call Attorney David Cohn today at 661-369-7597 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney David K. Cohn
Admitted To The Bar:
- Southwestern Law School, J.D.
- University of Southern California, B.A., 1972
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Kern County Bar Association
- Kern County Trial Lawyers Association
- International Society of Barristers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Southern California Super Lawyers
- “Best Lawyer” by The Bakersfield Californian Readers' Choice Poll
- AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 100 Verdicts in CA
Verdicts & Settlements
- Oilfield Accident, 2012: $10 Million Settlement, Confidential Plaintiff v. Confidential Defendant
- Wrongful Death / Pedestrian Accident, 2014: $8.8 Million Settlement, Hiler et al v. Kern County Sheriff's Department et al
- Workers’ Compensation, 2010: $4.5 Million Settlement, Adan Melgar vs. M. Cataran, Inc.
- Auto Accident, 2014: $3 Million Settlement, Elizondo v. National Oilwell Varco
- Industrial Accident, 2014: $2.75 Million Settlement, Confidential Plaintiff v. J. Perez Mata Trucking, Inc.
- Industrial Accident, 2013: $1.99 Million Settlement, Fuentes v. Kern Oil & Refining Co.
- Auto Accident, 2013: $1.3 Million Settlement, Santivanez v. B&L Casing Service
“My medical bills were piling up, and I was told I had to go back to work, but I was still hurt. I was worried, and I was feeling bad still. I figured I needed an attorney to help me figure out what to do next.
“(Chain Cohn Stiles) treated me with a lot of respect. They were open. I had a bad impression of attorneys before I came in here. It seemed like more trouble hiring an attorney than they’re worth. But I was impressed with the work here. I was confident in the staff doing the work, and I knew ultimately I would be OK.
“Now that my case is finished, I’m very happy. Whenever I know someone who gets hurt on the job, I’ll be happy to recommended this law firm.”
- Roberto G., who was injured on the job before seeking workers' compensation* help.
“Because of this experience, my life has changed. I used to live in the homeless shelter. I had nowhere else to go. Then this incident happened, and Chain Cohn Stiles helped me at the right time. It’s like I can start over now, thanks to them.
“It was the best treatment ever. They were patient with me when I was not patient … I’m grateful I chose this law firm. I hope I never have to call an attorney again, but if I do, it’ll be Chain Cohn Stiles.”
- Marciell C., who suffered severe injuries when she was bitten by several dogs.
“It is very easy for me to understand why Matt (Clark) has received the distinctions of Super Lawyers Rising Stars and Bakersfield’s “20 Under 40 People to Watch.” His professionalism and communication were, in my opinion, outstanding, and I feel he went above and beyond to assist me throughout the whole process. During my two-year interaction with Matt, not only did we meet face to face, but I feel Matt made it a priority to contact me and keep me up to date via phone calls and after-hour emails. I would recommend Chain | Cohn | Stiles to anyone.”
- Garret G., who was injured when the limousine he was riding in crashed with a big rig.
“When we came here, I was in a traumatic state, and I had a hard time talking and remembering everything. But Mr. (Marshall) Frasher put us at ease. It’s important to feel comfortable. It’s like going to a doctor. You want to feel comfortable with your lawyer. Thank God for them. They have high integrity. I have already referred them.
“If you’re not sure what to do, come in and talk to them, and learn what you could do. That’s what we did. I was scared to death after the accident. I’ve never gone through any of this, and I didn’t want to go through this by myself. It would have been easy to get taken advantage of by our insurance company. But the law firm took care of us, and took care of everything.”
- Colleen L., who was injured when she was hit by an uninsured motorist while crossing the street.
“I was glad they were honest with me. They kept things realistic, and explained how things worked. They were confident, and made sure I felt comfortable. Mr. Cohn was always honest. I heard they were the best in town, and they were right.”
- Joseph F., who suffered serious injuries when he was struck by a rail car while operating a crane.
“I didn’t know what had happened after the accident, and I didn’t know anything about the legal system. But after the first meeting with David Cohn, I knew he was on my side and I was going to be OK. I had no problem worrying about the firm taking care of business. He was a big help. Now, I have no worries and no regrets.”
- Michael C., who suffered a leg amputation following
a motorcycle accident in which a driver made a sudden left turn in front of him.
“They are the best lawyers in town. They came to see me in the hospital after my accident, and I was so nervous. But they reassured me everything was going to be OK, and I didn’t have to worry about anything. I trusted them. Overall, I was satisfied with the way everything went. They did so much for me, and gave me confidence.”
- Marilyn B., who was injured after a driver ran a
stop sign and broadsided her vehicle.
“If you come here first, you won’t have to go anywhere else. I’ve seen the commercials from some of the other lawyers, saying they’re going to get you the most money. I’d recommend anyone give this place a shot first. You’ll get the best treatment … I was in a financial bind with missing work (after the accident), and I had medical appointments out of town. The firm helped pay. There wasn’t that added stress about finances along with my health. It made me feel like family. That’s something you’d expect from a family member.”
- Frank P., who was rear-ended on Rosedale Highway and suffered several injuries.
“The lawyers and staff at Chain | Cohn | Stiles are some of the most heartfelt, trustworthy and caring people I have ever worked with. They made sure that my whole family and I were treated like family, and we never had our questions unanswered. They always kept us up to par on all they were doing, and so I must say they will forever be appreciated by myself and my whole family. I thank you all for everything you have done for my family and I. You guys and girls truly changed my life. I am forever grateful! Keep up all the great work.”
- John A., who suffered serious burn injuries when a steam line blew out.