Decade of Experience Representing Workers and Employees
Attorney O'Neill is a member of the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Bars with over thirty-five years of highly diverse experience as a litigator; an in-house corporate attorney and General Counsel. Attorney O'Neill is a business attorney specializing in contracts and dispute resolution. Attorney O'Neill is a legal counselor in employment matters both for business and employees; and, last, but not least since entering private practice in 2002, a fierce advocate for aliens in immigration matters.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- New Jersey Law against Discrimination (LAD) and Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA) and related Federal claims, especially against large corporate defendants
- Experienced in advancing and settling LAD sexual harassment, gender, ethnic, disability and age discrimination claims, reverse discrimination claims, and CEPA “whistleblower” claims
- Experienced in developing and advancing employee breach of contract claims based on express written contracts and implied contracts arising from employee manuals and employer procedures
- Severance Agreement Reviews and Negotiations
- Unemployment Compensation Claims and Appeals before New Jersey Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development
- Claims and lawsuits involving foreign nationals on work visas
- Business and Immigration Law
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
As an employment lawyer with over two decades of prior in-house counsel experience, and a decade of experience representing workers and employees, Attorney O'Neill brings a unique skills-set to the prosecution of employee claims against businesses, particularly large corporate entities. Attorney O'Neill's expertise in sensing corporate vulnerabilities and “hot buttons”; his understanding of how corporate bureaucracies act and react to threats; and his extremely effective writing skills usually result in legal complaints that employers rush to settle in mediations rather than litigate in court.
Call Attorney Brian O'Neill today at 973-826-2305 to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Brian D. O’Neill
Jurisdictions Attorney is Licensed in:
- New Jersey
Rutgers School of Law – Camden, J.D., 1977
University of Maryland, College Park, MD, B.A., 1971
With High Honors and With Honors in Government and Politics
Munich Germany, BA. 1971
With High Honors, in Government and Politics
Admitted To The Bar:
- New Jersey, May 1978
- Pennsylvania, October 1977
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association, NJ Chapter, (NELA-NJ)
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA)
- Member, Morris County Bar Association (MCBA)
Attorney O'neill has won multiple six figure settlements in last five years; most recent, $285K in a disability discrimination matter.
- A $100K settlement of a sexual harassment claim by a nurse against her physician employer soon after suit was filed.
- A $100K pre-suit settlement of an age discrimination claim by a safety inspector against an international construction contractor.
- Back pay of $66K, and reinstatement of a fired plant engineering manager, under threat of a CEPA "whistle-blower" suit, after the employee was fired for pointing out safety violations.
- A $100K pre-suit settlement of a wrongful discharge claim, against a large consumer-products chemical supplier, after claims of gender-based discrimination, harassment and defamation were made.
- A $100K+ pre-suit settlement of a wrongful discharge, ethnic discrimination claim made by a high-level employee against a fast-food restaurant franchisee chain in New Jersey.
- Successful prosecution of an internal whistle-blower claim against a large pharmaceutical corporation that resulted in the employee's superior being fired for discriminatory retaliation, rather than the client-employee.
- Successful prosecution of an internal "reverse discrimination" gender bias claim against another pharmaceutical corporation that resulted in the client-employee receiving a severance agreement.